Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Australian VU SS Ute A4 Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, If they were smart they would. Like Holden is bringing back the Monaro of old, Ford need to regain their market share by bringing back the GTHO with REAL GTHO hp!!!!

Forget about this Tickford crap, they are an unknown compared to HSV.
 

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
I agree totally....Ford have proved they can do it on their own before, why should they let/need someone else to do it for them.

Bring back genuine muscle.
Paul
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Remember though, during the Hoey days there was a division of Ford known as Ford Special Vehicles (FSV). This division no longer exists and has been replaced by the beautiful wings from Tickford. Tickford have some stuff in the pipeline that will rock your world. If you want Ford muscle (from the factory) these days, you need look no further than Tickford Vehicle Engineering...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
I think there is still a special vehicles department with in Ford. Seem to remember reading something about it not that long ago and being surprised at it.

If ford ever release a special edition model above a GT spec falcon this is the name they should use!
 

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
SVO hey? But I am really attached to Tickford......just stuck their wings on my EL Fairmont Ghia. A Ford is Special, but a Tickford means a whole lot more to me!

Jas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
SVO hey? But I am really attached to Tickford......just stuck their wings on my EL Fairmont Ghia. A Ford is Special, but a Tickford means a whole lot more to me!

Jas
What a great statement! Absolutely spot on in every sence. :)
 

·
Future XR Owner
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
SVO hey? But I am really attached to Tickford......just stuck their wings on my EL Fairmont Ghia. A Ford is Special, but a Tickford means a whole lot more to me!

Jas
I'm sure Happy Jack would be happy to hear this, and I also agree totally:thumbup:
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
...but a Tickford means a whole lot more to me!
You got my vote there too fella. Tickford or bust.. :D
 

·
Forever Ford Follower
Joined
·
558 Posts
Tickford and the XR

What do people think about the thought that the tickford wings could be removed from the XR's? Say for example how holden don't have any links with HSV and the SS,S.. Personally I think it would be sad to see the wings not on the XR's but in the long run it would make things alot more easily distinct say if Tickford go all out to meet HSV.

Any comments:?: :?: :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
From what I hear this has a very good chance of happening, but I am not sure it is in the way you suggest.

Tickfords work on the Xr range may well be reduced or become non existant but it (XR range) could still very much carry the treasured wing badge. There is a high degree of work on the XR cars carried out at the factory now and when the Barra model comes on line this might be increased to make way for a high emphassis being placed on the T series range. In future years the T series or its model replacement will be the Tickford cars to own instead of the XR range now. It is what Ford people will aspire to own:cool:
 

·
Formerly J-type
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
XLR8_ 2001, You say that HSV has nothing to do with SS - this is a interesting point.
This is where much of the confusion is coming from when people try to recognise the FTE brand.
Both XR and T-Series cars have the Tickford brand name on them and people usually associate the XR's to compete with HSV.
As pointed out above, removing the Tickford name off the XR cars might have a positive impact in the long term in regards of getting the FTE brand to be recognised.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Re: Tickford and the XR

XLR8_2001 said:
What do people think about the thought that the tickford wings could be removed from the XR's?
I will be dissapointed if this happens. :( XR is Tickford to me.

If this is the way they want to go, maybe they can take the XR nose cone and put it onto the T-Series cars. Leave the XR's with the normal nose treatment ala T's and remove the Tickford badges. Won't look or feel the same as previous XR's but then people will identify with the T's a bit better..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Re: Re: Tickford and the XR

Ford Man said:

I will be dissapointed if this happens. :( XR is Tickford to me.

If this is the way they want to go, maybe they can take the XR nose cone and put it onto the T-Series cars. Leave the XR's with the normal nose treatment ala T's and remove the Tickford badges. Won't look or feel the same as previous XR's but then people will identify with the T's a bit better..
Ahhhhhh Bite your tongue young man. Xr is quad light and don't go messing with it. Trust me it won't be as bad as it sounds. We are talking changes for volume sake not degrading an image for crying out loud. It will be a good thing but you will see why I think the Xr range should carry future limited editions.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,087 Posts
OzRed12 said:
Well, If they were smart they would. Like Holden is bringing back the Monaro of old, Ford need to regain their market share by bringing back the GTHO with REAL GTHO hp!!!!

Forget about this Tickford crap, they are an unknown compared to HSV.
Tickford hasn't the profile of HSV yet but they certainly aren't crap.They just need more time for the name to build up.I am positive this will come with time and of course if the next Falcon is more popular. HSV has blossomed along with popularity of the Commodore. Tickford is trying to build an image on a car that hasn't been popular in sales and that is tough.I can almost gaurantee that if the next Falcon is a hit then Tickford will also rocket to fame. Tickford is very very important to Ford i beleive as a quality perfermance builder. It would be a big mistake to lose them.Not that anyone is suggesting that.
 

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
I cannot believe the comments which support the end of the XR range. That is what makes em so good, the partnership with Tickford. The fact that these cars look different and have the wings, and also are bloody affordable. As for the FTE range, Ford and Tickford should pull their fingers out and market the cars........I don't think I have ever seen an ad dedicated to FTE......but please, to suggest we destroy a successful line of cars such as the XR to try and prop a dead fish such as the FTE is ludicrous.

The XR in my books is the competitor against the SS and S. The FTE T series cars can compete against CSV, HSV.......

Now whilst I am a little annoyed I shall have a whinge about something else. Why do Ford only act, or doing something to react to what Holden do? Why cannot we take the initiative and take control of the market again, instead of playing a constant game of friggin catch up?

cheers

Jas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
I cannot believe the comments which support the end of the XR range. That is what makes em so good, the partnership with Tickford. The fact that these cars look different and have the wings, and also are bloody affordable. As for the FTE range, Ford and Tickford should pull their fingers out and market the cars........I don't think I have ever seen an ad dedicated to FTE......but please, to suggest we destroy a successful line of cars such as the XR to try and prop a dead fish such as the FTE is ludicrous.

The XR in my books is the competitor against the SS and S. The FTE T series cars can compete against CSV, HSV.......

Now whilst I am a little annoyed I shall have a whinge about something else. Why do Ford only act, or doing something to react to what Holden do? Why cannot we take the initiative and take control of the market again, instead of playing a constant game of friggin catch up?
I don't think anyone is saying there will be an end to the Xr /Tickford relationship but the strong suggestion is that the Xr model may not be constructed like it is now. That is all. Instead of the Xr models going to the Tickford building they MAY just stay at the main factory. The Tickford factory will become the home of the performance line of cars above the XR. It is my understanding that it is just a streamlining of what happens now. The Xr will continue to be the SS and S rival.

The FTE range has been adverticed in both Mags and in the Herald sun from time to time.
 

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
In regard to advertising I should have been more specific, ie, ads,

As for the construction of the XRs, all that Tickford does to an XR6 sedan for example, is stick on the front bumper, 17's if optioned, body kit etc if optioned, not rear spoiler though, and the badges.......the V8's are a different story. When I worked in Broady, in 97, all the 8's were the same going in the cars on the line, this was time of the 185kw. So all extra work done at Tickford.........

Jas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
In regard to advertising I should have been more specific, ie, ads,

As for the construction of the XRs, all that Tickford does to an XR6 sedan for example, is stick on the front bumper, 17's if optioned, body kit etc if optioned, not rear spoiler though, and the badges.......the V8's are a different story. When I worked in Broady, in 97, all the 8's were the same going in the cars on the line, this was time of the 185kw. So all extra work done at Tickford.........

Jas
Yeah they were ads. Unique Cars were the first to advertise the 220kw Te. The same ad was used in other mags. Had a slogan Fast cars built slow or something like that.

And yes they don't do that much now so in future it won't be that much of a change at all.
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Recieved a brochure for the Mustang Cobra in the mail yesterday. I must say the basic principle behind FTE is brilliant. The whole personalised service and stuff sounds like the go.
Just need to get the right product mix and it should kick off.
 

·
Australian VU SS Ute A4 Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FTE

I'm not against Tickford, it's just not well known with the swinging voters. When I say bring back the GTHO, it is because GTHO is a brand of Ford that has HUGE respect for it already. All the car needs to be known as is THE FORD GTHO nothing else. Not the Tickford GTHO or the Ford FTE GTHO, none of that.

The GTHO brand is probably the BIGGEST brand Ford has in Australia yet it's not doing anything with it. They did do a little with GT but not enough, GTHO should be new style, new concept, new design and FULL ON production to compete with HSV/CSV/SS. They may need to kill a few of the others that don't sell in volumes.

A GTHO would need to lead the competitors in performance and NEVER play catch up, rather, be market leader. Then you'd have every man and his dog wanting one, they would be an icon of motoring. This doesn't mean kill the AUII, this is a totally different market, you could call this the "WIN THE COMPETITORS BUSINESS" end of the market.

LS1 is the biggest problem at the moment, don't know the answer to that.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top