·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Why?
VW owns Audi who competes with Jaguar.....Doesnt make sense:confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'd go for BMW myself. Add them to the PAG and see the $$$ roll in.
I think Ford need to take care of some troubles in their own backyard before the contemplate any takeover..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:
I'd go for BMW myself. Add them to the PAG and see the $$$ roll in.
I think Ford need to take care of some troubles in their own backyard before the contemplate any takeover..
Sounds like a sound idea to me. They own enough companies now, but they need to keep an eye out for a bargin. Bit like shopping at K mart:D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford go for BMW in the next year or two. They do have inside info with Wolfgang Reitzle afterall.. ;)

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Imagine if Ford's bid to buy Ferrari in the 1960's had become reality. :D When Ferrari turned it down Ford built the legendary GT40 and whipped them at Le Mans and the rest is history.

Still I wouldn't mind the twin turbo V8 from the F40 in an XR8 though.:D ;) :p

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Ford is well catered in the high end area, with Aston Martin and
Jaguar and Volvo.

I think ford would do better buying a cottage company, like Westfield, Caterham, AC, TVR. TVR has a nice six six cylinder, 4.0 inline, DOHC 24 valve. Makes 380Hp and 440nm of torque..

Ford could invest in something other than a car company like a aeronautic/engineering company. Or invest that extra cash into product development.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
IPhido said:
Or invest that extra cash into product development.
Now there's a bloody good idea!!.. :D

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Ford buy VW.. I like what VW are doing recenlty and i was in a Jetta in america reecntly (one of my friends) and its a 20V Turbo and i can say it goes and i wouldnt mind one myself. oh well thats my personal opinion.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
mmmm.If this take over ever eventuated, I wonder if that'd mean we'd see something bizarre like a rear engine Falcon. ;)
Russell.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they could follow the de tomaso pantera. that thing had an engine in the rear, and it was a ford to boot.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Like Iphido has mentioned, Ford doesn't really need to buy out VW at this stage. I can't really see what they would gain. BMW would be a nice addition to the list though, get some of that VANOS VVT technology into the XR's and T's:nuts: :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
get some of that VANOS VVT technology into the XR's and T's:nuts: :D
That'd be the main reason to go after BMW... technology.. ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
does'nt ford own audi or something or part of audi.
VW does mate as well as Bentley I think? BMW take control of Rolls on January 1 2003..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
At the time of the Land rover purchase it was believed that a major point with the buy was to get a foot in the door of BMW. Land rover/ Ford have a engine contract now with BMW, but it is not long term. The thing about BMW is that it is owned by a brother and sister. Quandt is the family name

1 - 20 of 23 Posts