Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Guys, just to see any people experienced this.

australia version.

ford mondeo 2008 tdci 2.0L MA MK4 sports auto gear locked in 1st only, cannot shift up, even in sports mode.

the gearbox is AWF21

the situation is my wife run out diesel fuel and people help to push aside in 20 meters and when got refilled, the gear locked in 1st and cannot shift up.

no on board warning led lights flashing and everything else is working normal.

very strang why gear is locked into 1 st only?

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Does the clutch disengage the power train? If so, I'd say you need to either get a new gear box or rebuild the old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi all thx for reading this and i got this prob fix by myself.

looks like a ford mondeo PCM or TCM software issue. the reason is the software detected something and locked the gear into 1st.

i just bought an OBD2 scanner form ebay $150 and tried detecting stored/pending error code, nothing found!!!!

no error code found for this serious problem!!!!!!!

then i tried to clear code ANYWAY.

buuuuuuum!!!, the gear back to normal now.

save me 3K aud$ if i follow blindly to replace gearbox.

so always try uself first before put up to ford technician, who quote to diagnosis for aud$160/hr and not confident to find out the reason and

there is no error code !!!!!! no on dash flashing.

it is a typical gearbox limp mode but at least Ford shall put up some code there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
billy_shaw
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing