Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I come from Sweden ,
two weeks ago I bought a Mustang . For European requirements, I have to modify the rear lamps ( turn signals should be Orange, not Red).
after opening the lamp case, I changed the LED to orange ( smd 2835 OSRAM LY E6SF-AABA-46-1 - bright and clear ) , separated the STOP lights, added the rear fog light.
Almost everything works well, but unfortunately the Turn signals ( front and rear) blinking so fast !
How can i solve the problem ? its problem with BCM ? someone can help ?

·
Super Moderator
7,785 Posts

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
The tail lights use leds from the factory. Im curious of what exactly you did and how you seperated the turn signals and stop lights. Thats probably where the problem lies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for answers.
My turn signals Shine only in the middle segments of the lights. In orginal lights, " red ring " work too, as turn signal , so its simple - >less diodes -> less current drain from BCM, and ECU read it as broken lights.
I wonder, if its possible to reprogramm BCM for lower ( make lower? ) current threshold for detection burnout lights, or turn off detection at all.

I separated stop / turns via relay. Relay coil is controled with wire from brake button sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts