Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Hell yes its a Ford product!! I always thought it was a shame that they never cast a FoMoCo into the diff housing so everyone could see it loud and proud under all those Holdens:s2: :s2: :s2:

The design however is a based on a seriously heavy duty Chrysler truck diff, called 'Dana 60' I think. Chrysler also slung it under the back of some awesome factory supercharged big block Dodge Challengers.

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Aztech, Chrysler also put some of those Dana 60 diff's under some of the Australian 6 pak Chargers too.

BTW, Chrysler never offered supercharging as an option on any of it's V8 powered muscle cars... Actually I can't think of any manufacter that did.

G

·
HSE2 said:
What is the history with this unit?

Is it even a Ford product?
Definately a Ford product and almost indestructable even the Holden boys fit them to their cars.

Hmmm... which one is the nine inch?

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Ahhh XY Falcon you got me, a little research shows that the 1972 Dodge Challenger had a supercharger fitted as a 'dealer' option so technically not a factory car. :dead:

However so as not to lose face completely Ford produced 208 Paxton supercharged '57 Thunderbirds and the '66 GT350 could be optioned with a Paxton blower on the 289 which produced 446 hp using the factory 6-psi boost :s3 :s3 :s3

Oh, and I also noticed that that fabulous Ford 9 inch debuted on the '57 Fairlane

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The 9" is slightly smaller and lighter then the Dana 60. Actually make that a bloody sight lighter! It is also slightly weaker but is the prefered way if you need a bullet proof diff in you street/track car. However check the diff in a new F350 if you can still blow a 9"!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I think the new diff from U.S is an 8.8.... lighter than 9" I think the 9" has stopped being produced??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I was asked the question at a club function and wasn't sure I gave the right anwser but thought I should check it with people who would know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts