Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was watching some drag racing on TV other day, And saw two holden entered Utes that they use to give VIPs an sponsers etc a thrill ride.

It also means punters at the drags see and get to cheer for these two loud V8 Commy Utes emblazoned with Holden Logos... In return Ford have.....

In the Bathurst 24 Hour There were these 2 Holden Entered Monaro like things that did quite well and got a fair bit of TV... In return Ford had...

IN GTP appararently one driver this year was given a new Commy to run at Bathurst and beyond.. In return Ford did....

I read somwhere recently that Holden are entering a Factory team in next years Australian Rally Champs... In Return Ford are....

maybe I am wrong as soe of these classes I dont see much of , but what I see time and time again in different catagories is Holden uses these catagories as a chance to "remind" people that holden make great powerful cars, to show a motorsport heritage, to get people cheering for holden make people holden supports and get people to look at, sit in and want a Holden. Its that grass roots thing that wins hearts and minds.

Altho i do commend ford for initiatives like the "Diploma of motor Sport Engineering" course they are sponsoring at Albury/Wodonga and the v8SC was a good start, Fords support of motor sport seems a bit half-assed.

"You're either on the bus or off it"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would agree with that. Seems that outside of V8 Supercars, there is little or no presence.
However, I can understand they have had a hell of a year on their hands, and time and resources are simply limited. They have acheived wonderful things in those 12 months.
I am hoping that the next 24 months contains a plan to expand into other areas of motorsport and better marketing and promotion.
I am pleased to see lots of Ford merchandise available in many stores now. Now I would just like a competitior in the drags/rally/GTP areas etc to cheer on from the comfort of my Ford motorsport outdoor chair lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
They'd have to be able to go and win in those categories like Holden did. Holden seems to turn up to a new category and just win. Like that rally thing in their holden whatevers with peter brock driving one of them. The Holden 24 hour. etc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ford put a lot of money into Formula Ford too. But no they don't do as much as holden do. But god you should have been around in the mid 80's. They do way more now than they used to, and hopefully they can see the rewards from their involvment now.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I recon it all comes down to the Marketing division also. And we all know how great Holden's is, wether we like it or not...

Ford Oz really need to get their act together in this arena!

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Mr Jucy said:
Don't forget tho Ford is in Formula 1 & the WRC & lots of international events that Holden & GM aren't.

im sure were all referring to ford Oz though...

specifically falcons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts