Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is for Australia concidering selling the AC cobra with the 4.0 inline 6 in australia?

I heard something about this a while back, maybe one of the reasons they pulled out of the coupe project.

any idea on the cost?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Last I heard a mob from Britian was looking to use the I6 for the cars over there. I can't see Ford Oz selling them. The volume wouldn't be there for it..

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
What does the volume matter? It's a developed engine with an existing production home. I can't see why they couldn't sell a couple of them to the UK.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno...

Are the mustang bought under the 100 volume import laws?
It might make a cheap(ish) open top car. Sure it ain't a practical day to day car.. Its not for everyone..

But if they could offer a real AC cobra for ~$40,000.. I know alot of people would be interested. Its pretty much a untapped market here. For those who don't mind having a seperate car for the weekend... Theres a large group of MG enthuists in Australia that do exactly that..

I think they could sell a 100. Ford NZ could definately sell them, as there would be not extra costs.

But I was just wondering, with all this news of the 4.0 being killed, ford pulling out of the coupe, I just wondered if they are still shipping the engines and if ford had looked at selling them here.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Luke Plaizier said:
What does the volume matter? It's a developed engine with an existing production home. I can't see why they couldn't sell a couple of them to the UK.
The engine would be fine, but why would Ford Oz bother selling the AC here? Way too low a volume for Broady to even consider it. Last I heard they're losing money on the stang so why bother with another low volume import they can throw their dollars away on? If anything Broady needs a car they can make a few dollars on at the moment..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I would'nt mind an AC Cobra, it would have to have an V8 in it though.
Yep and preferably a 427 too :cool: :cool:

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6.8 is pretty close to 427.

Man, that would be scarey if someone ever bought one of those AC kits and put a 6.8 or a Viper engine in it..

I bet ford would have no problems selling one of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts