Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Wood in a Probe? :thumbdown: I'm not too sure how good a sticker would look.

The carbon & aluminum look would work fine & I was thinking along those lines for making a replacement part for those very pieces they show.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called to check, and they stated that the replacment parts are only for SUV's and large body trucks. The Probes have an overlay that is 1/8 inch thick that has to be molded to the exsiting piece using a heat gun. The pieces I saw being demo'd where completed items. Sorry about the mix up. I remeber asking them if they were replacement parts at the demo and the sales lady said yes. Then again I was paying more attention to her than to the product. :)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
From the pics on their site, they look like stickers. Personally, I'm not too thrilled with that--but then I'm not really planning on changing any time inside anyway...

P

·
0 Posts
claudermilk said:
Wood in a Probe? :thumbdown: I'm not too sure how good a sticker would look.

The carbon & aluminum look would work fine.
I second that.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I thought it might. That's why when I thought of the replacement parts to do a complete part, kind of like the clear corners now available--chuck the stock part for the "custom" replacement.

It looks possible to do these, just need to get the shop put back together...

P

·
0 Posts
claudermilk said:
I thought it might. That's why when I thought of the replacement parts to do a complete part, kind of like the clear corners now available--chuck the stock part for the "custom" replacement.

It looks possible to do these, just need to get the shop put back together...
Keep us updated, and let us know if we can help in any way...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts