Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a Ford recall letter for a problem with the "throttle cable grommet"...

G

·
About 6 months ago now that was big news, made TV news :) its the simplest little job, only takes ten minutes. And nothing to worry about less you have a HEAVY right foot.
If you got the letter this late then did you just buy the car in last six months or did ford forget you?

·
Ford Freak!
75 Posts
I didn't receive any letter. I'm pretty pissed off by the whole thing. I have an AUII XR6HP and have done three throttle cables in 12,000km. I have a heavy right foot, but **** me the bloody thing is supposed to be driven hard, it's an XR. Had an AU XR6HP for nearly 40,000km and treated it exactly the same. The cable never gave once. Why have they changed it, and screwed it up. By the way, if you get stuck and your cable brakes, try securing it with a cable tie around the bracket. I always carry cable ties now as I'm worried about the thing breaking again. Shit, I'm so fed up I want to sell the car and get my old XC 351 back on the road. Got it with 180,000km on the odometer, and drove it till about 350,000km before I took it off the road to do it up. It hardly ever missed a beat over all that those kms.

I love the new technology, but there's nothing like the old reliability.

Nicko

·
Registered
7 Posts
in regards to nick, its so true old reliability, ive just had the clutch cable rip a hole in the firewall, of my ed falcon 93 xr6 so sad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts