Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well All

You must recal my little effort down in Tasi re clutch and gear box, well Finanlly got my answer, after 2 friggen months!!!

I think thats what pissed me off the most, the fact that I HAD to keep ringing the guy at Ford Customer Relations, even though he promissed 5 times to ring me back!

Well the story is, Ford where unable to make a decission on the the the gear box, that took em 6 weeks to decide!!:fmad:

They sent the box upto BDR who advised that due to modifications to the engine, mainly the blower what did I expect!!

I expected a lot more than the crap I have been delt with from customer relations...

Yes I did expect a question to be raised re the claim, i expected they wanted to know what mods had been made and by whom, I was never questioned re this and i gather they drew their own conclusions,

I am still fumming:cussing: but I think I will calm down a bit before deciding if I should take it further.

Any thoughts guys, either way

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the reasult you wanted. Not return calls and being run round seems to ring a bell for me too;)

Guess what they say is not unexpected, but something that has not been factored into the decision is the nature of the cars conversion and the value as an image builder for Ford. From the looks of things Gary's car represents where Ford want to go in a few years right now. It has looks and power and an owner that puts himself out to promote this image to anyone who requests it.

I am not saying the decision was wrong, you mod a car that voids the warranty. But the work was done by people that carry a strong link to Ford.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
They way that we deal with this issue is to build a good relationship with a service manager (sometimes all they want is to have a drive).

Do you pick up any warranty with your aftermarket tuner ?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I missed the start of the saga but what I gather has happened is that you suffered a clutch and transmission failure AFTER fitment of an aftermarket supercharger. While I don't know the exact policy re Ford warranty I'll bet it is like everyone elses in that that type of modification will render the warranty void on the drivetrain and in some cases,Holden, the entire car. The dealer would have know this and should have told you straight up of the fact. The fact that they didn't and then treated you the way they did is very unfortunate. Basicly I'm saying that I 'm not suprised the claim was rejected, I would have rejected it at the start if it was a Holden following Holden policy, but I think the customer support was lacking in this matter. As an aside be aware that useing your can on a race track can also void the warranty. It really does go to show you have to be very careful when you 'develope' new cars to suit your self. I would however request a review on the claim involving the guys who did the conversion. It is not unheard of for rejected claims like this to be honored when all the facts are tabled, done a few my self!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to ask for a paper trail from Ford and BDR as I am unhappy with their lack of support!

Yes I agree that any mods viod warranty but in this case the dealer knew of the mods being done as they assisted in the shipment of the car, of course they DID NOT MENTION anything about warranty.

I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range.

Keep the sugestions comming!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
"I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range. "

The fact that the car was shipped to Herrod from the dealer from new should count for something. If Herrod are modding the car in a manner that does not fit Fords warrant concerns then there is something wrong. There are many people out there that want a Ford with HSV power levels. Herrod fill that role. In deed Herrod do seem to be gaining support from Ford in that the sony Xplode was prepared by Herrod. The conversion has to be able to do the job in all aspects not just a few. If Herrod are claiming the box and cluch are good enough to carry the power improvements they make then there is something wrong somewhere!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Quote: " I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range."

Yeah they should ecourage company's like Herrod and people like your self that promote high powered Falcons. Afterall Herrod is a reputable company not a back yard job.
I guess the thing is they should have warned you prior to this that it wasn't covered, insead of taking 2 months to reply.
So did ford give you a new gear box and the payment was pending on this investigation???

Also did herrod say that this gearbox was ok for that amount of power or what was their suggestion?

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
The corsa special vechiles retain factory warranty +CSV warranty and have na outputs of 330kw wonder if there is a difference in relationship to Herrod <> Ford, CSV <> Holden

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
I think the torque you have put out has exceded the strength of the t5 g/box.Even in the Cobra R Mustang[93] with that g/box the e.c.u retarded the timimg during g/changes to help the transmission.In the latter (95]Cobra they used the Tremec g/box.But you should have been given the option,or told in the first place of warrenty etc. Good luck..

T

·
0 Posts
Gaz do you want me to pull a few strings up my way at Ford in Syd, and see what the story is should be. drop me an e-mail of your details of what was done to the car etc. From what your saying if everyone was involved, surely they could of said "yes we think you should upgrade your box". How hard is that.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Sorry to hear your predicament,

The morons at the Ford Customer Assist Centre are a pack of useless paper weights............They know less than the average joe blow on the street, and make more promises then your average politician. I say this from experience. Most of my warranty resolutions have come around from having a good relationship with my selling dealership, and some arm twisting

Good Luck!

Jason

get a tremac box..............

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
And I guess that must be the big question now. I know Herrod claim to make the conversions while maintaining the reliability of the original package. Seeing as you have had another clutch replaced something is not right with the package you have been sold. I know it was one of the first things I asked when I got in the car at Georgetown. "hows the standard driveline handle the power" Seems like it was going fine till I opened my big mouth in sight of the car:(

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HSE2 said:
h I know it was one of the first things I asked when I got in the car at Georgetown. "hows the standard driveline handle the power" Seems like it was going fine till I opened my big mouth in sight of the car:(
I dont know if the problem was the Tasi Roads?

I agree, with the mods Herrod should have said the gear box has to go!, the clutch is mainly me ridding it 1st and the presure plate building up heat to the extent it warps.

On friday we dropped the box out and found that it was leaking oil from a seal???, the presure plate was badly scorched and I Herrod have organised for a special kit to be made.

I know now not to throw her back into 3rd from 5th and slam foot through the floor!!!

Doc, let me play with them a bit more before I ask for your help, thanks i appreciate it!

Aussie Pete, when your back you'll be glad to know that now damage was caused by our little spin on friday, it was the oxygen sensor that had popped out!!!

Yes I should ge the Tremetic but at $7k i cannot afford it at the moment as this box cost me $4k.

I might just spruldge out and buy a V8 supercar box at 18k

Oh well, I just got to be happy with Bowe's comment the last time he drove it, "mate there is so much power here I'm impressed but you gonna kill yourself if you don't attend more of my driving courses""

Hehehe

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
LAMINGE:
To some extent I see where you are coming from. However, if I modify my car from new to the power levels you are talking about I would assume that I am doing so at my own risk. If you were talking small increases like say 240kW, I would understand there should be some middle ground. But when we're talking 300kW or more, you are seriously compromising the safety margins in the driveline.

Just my thoughts, but you have to be fair to Ford too.

On the issue of customer service, I agree entirely. The customer assistance lines should be attended by staff who are product literate. Both Ford and Holden fail in this area. I sincerely doubt that there is a satisfaction level for many customers from these setups. However, having said that they are set up for goobers who have lost their keys and are after simple answers. The shgortcoming is the follow up if the problem escalates past customer level. Ford could learn a lot from companies such as Boeing. They have an awesome system that applies triage and allocations with hard times. Hence everyone gets a good answer in a set time.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Laminge I wasn't actually referring to our fantastic roads just saying that I jinked your car ie (joke)

Laminges car has value in that it represents what Herrod are doing and by Ford aligning some projects through Herrod they are saying to the general public that "hey this is the direction we would like to take".

It is my understanding that the car was taken to Herrod and Gary called when it was finished. Now unless Gary was given the option of upgrading the drive line or at the very least told of the risk of a failure, then Herrod could be at fault. Lets face it. These sort of failures are serious stuff if it happens at moderate speed.
A conversion of this nature has to be fully engineered.

This reflects more on Herrod then Ford as no one is questioning BTRs position on the claim. The handling of it yes!

·
7,777 Posts
Herrods have not suggested any driveline mods to support my car. I actively asked them about clutches etc. This is a difficult situation, however in the end common sense has to rule. 300kW is not a good thing for a T5. I would have thought driveline would be considered when increasing power by 50% (Laminge is indeed a sick puppy :wink2: ).

Anyhow, I don't know the full story so let it ride.... :confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Don't forget the T5 was unavaiable on the 200kw HSV cars and only recently was allowed with the 220kw Tickford engines. I think it boils down to the guys doing the conversion trying to save money by pushing a component beyond it's limits.

·
7,777 Posts
FTEfan said:
Don't forget the T5 was unavaiable on the 200kw HSV cars and only recently was allowed with the 220kw Tickford engines. I think it boils down to the guys doing the conversion trying to save money by pushing a component beyond it's limits.
Hey, spot on. I forgot about that! HSV were only allowed to extend the T5 to the 195kW cars.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there like a race version of the T5 which can standhigher power than 220kw. :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts