Ford Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Holden's answer to previous articles about Ford kicking their butt in sales is that Ford are actually selling two utes, the trayback and the proper ute back one. They reckon if you compare "normal" Ford ute sales with Commodore, the Holden's are actually slightly in front!:rolleyes:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I tell ya what fellas, I'm wrapped at the moment!:nuts:
After the serious prospect of having my work supplied Mazda Bravo ute replaced with a bloody Holden Rodeo, I've convinced the boss to get me into a Falcon ute.;)
The Tradesman deal as mentioned in the article is what tipped the whole scenario and price for that matter in Falc's favour.
So now traveling from Ballarat to Melbourne and back everyday won't be so much of a grind, and I wont have to flog the guts out of the ute to go up the Pentland Hills.
mmm can't wait,
Tradesman series one tonner with straight gas, 5 speed and AC.
Should get along OK too!:rolleyes:
Russell.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Good stuff Rus! Glad to see a bit of faith in the trusty Ford Ute.

Ford ought to rub it in. It's a success story not publicised enough. It shows the Falcon Ute serves a few purposes: work, play and a combination of both. And not to mention value for money.

Good on you Ford, and keep the hits coming! :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
The VU ute came out 2 years (give or take) after the AU. If holden couldn't be stuffed designing a tray for it that time, then they've got no one to blame but themselves.

BTW these new utes are all well and good, but where's the sandfire and Terra? Bugger a T-series ute, if you want to see Maloo sales drop to zero just release a sandfire.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
HSE2 said:
That is great news Rastus!

Two utes eh.. :eek:
Nah, not two utes, the Mazda I've got at the moment is being replaced by the Falcon. But originally the boss was going to get a Rodeo, but I couldn't live with that! Thank god the boss takes a bit of notice to what I would want.
There's no way that I could drive a Holden daily.(Even a quasi Isuzu Holden). :eek:

Russell :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.