Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Mmmm....HIH, One-Tel, Ansett, Fo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Well I think the Tristar workers were a bit selfish myself, they fully knew that they would be hurting 1000's more jobs than their own.

Let hope Geoff gets the funding for the 4WD program!

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
hey wait a minute. this story Isnt All Bad!

read between the lines here, folks: "Ford Australia is spending on two projects, the all-new Falcon, code-named Barra, and the still-secret four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon range."

Why spend money on something that hasn't been approved?

and this one: "Mr Polites will soon travel to Ford's Detroit head office in a bid to secure a budget for the four-wheel-drive project."

None of these mention whether or not the 4WD Falcon has approval, HOWEVER these INFER that the project has the nod from Dearborne. Sooo... anyone for an AV R5?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
discokin6 said:
Sooo... anyone for an AV R5?
Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! :D :D :D
I really do hope Ford get that 4WD project under way:(

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
discokin6 said:
hey wait a minute. this story Isnt All Bad!

read between the lines here, folks: "Ford Australia is spending on two projects, the all-new Falcon, code-named Barra, and the still-secret four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon range."

Why spend money on something that hasn't been approved?

and this one: "Mr Polites will soon travel to Ford's Detroit head office in a bid to secure a budget for the four-wheel-drive project."
I don't agree disco. Ford Australia spent money on the Raptor project to create the prototype we saw at the Motorshows, and probably others for testing using an already existing R&D budget. These prototypes, and the testing information gained from them then form part of the business case Geoff presents to Detroit to gain the budget for mass production, which they are trying to get now.

I do R&D for the software company I work for, meaning I evaluate new software technologies, and then build prototypes and do testing to help our group present proposals to marketing/product strategy, and finally the board for approval. We spend money, but that doesn't necessaily mean we'll get the green light to go ahead with development. Be it software or cars, the process is very similar.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
But I meant in the present tense. I recall reading an article about 3 or 4 weeks ago in the West Australian, mentioning the fact that the R5 had already gone over to the US. If its already in the US, and theyve taken a look at it, why continue to spend money on something that has already been canned? If they must fix a feature or two on it, then that could justify continuing to spend $$$ on it, but for the main part, i'm convinced that the R5 is going to be in production.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Not suprised at all!
However, I know that almost all funding and all available resources are going into Barra and like the US, Ford isn't saving on any expenses to ensure that it is the best car it can be.

The report also said "He (Geoff) also warned that the company was likely to post another loss in 2002, the run-out year for the current range, but "guaranteed" a profit in 2003 after the next Falcon was released." I have to agree with him here. I believe that Ford is in the dark year but light is definitely at the end of the tunnel.
Doesn't matter what Holden/GM comes up with in my opinion....this time next year, revenues will be the black!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I don't like the sound of putting all your eggs in one basket, and the basket being the AV. There's sooo much hype now about the AV (and recently Geoff has being trying to calm it down) saying that its goinf to be the best thing Ford will release ect, etc, but thats what was said about AU.

I just really think that its a bad move by Ford AUS to keep the AV so secretive so close to release, in the looks department anyway. I really can't see the harm in letting some decent qaulity shots escape from the proving grounds etc, to get the public reactions.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
JEM said:
I don't like the sound of putting all your eggs in one basket, and the basket being the AV. There's sooo much hype now about the AV (and recently Geoff has being trying to calm it down) saying that its goinf to be the best thing Ford will release ect, etc, but thats what was said about AU.

I just really think that its a bad move by Ford AUS to keep the AV so secretive so close to release, in the looks department anyway. I really can't see the harm in letting some decent qaulity shots escape from the proving grounds etc, to get the public reactions.
I too hope that AV isn't the only new thing to come out of the Blue Oval showrooms.If we're lucky we'll get the new Fiesta for the small car fleet and the new Mondeo and/or Focus for the medium market.
Russell.:rolleyes:

·
lens boy
71 Posts
Guys

Let me say this
1,Av is a huge(not only in wheel base)inprovment over AU

2,they will take back the power stakes from GM?

3, the EF/AU look to the car will get the people back in the show rooms.

4, the 4x4 is well on the way to being signed off as prototyping has started on it(i think its red)

Spyman....
;) :cool: :p

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I don't want to be too negative here but every new model released from every manufacturer is always the biggest/best/most advanced etc etc. They are hardly going to say it's a POS now are they, especially after they spent $Xmillion dollars developing it.
The mention about the Raptor doesn't necessarily mean anything either, media aren't know for their fair and accurate reporting of facts. :eek: Although to put a positive spin on this there seems to be a few people that post on this board (Spyman for one) that geniunely seem to be in the know about what is happening at Ford, I tend to believe them B4 some half arsed media article written just to sell papers.
I hope the Raptor project does get the go ahead, Ford badly need it to stay with Holden in the sales race.
Just my 2c worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts