Ford Forums banner

Ford Taurus V8 Conversion

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Unregistered 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried or no anyone who has done a V8 rear wheel drive conversion in a Taurus. I know a company has done a Focus conversion, but they did not respond when i asked if they would do a Taurus conversion. It would be pretty cool to have a front engine rear drive in the Taurus. I am sure it would be a lot of work, but I am trying to get ideas of whether or not it would actually work. i was thinking about getting an SHO shell since they have the nice rims and body effects and look much cooler than the regualr Taurus's. Anyone have any ideas or know anyone that has done one?

#2 ·
What year Taurus are you thinking? The 97-99 SHO's were V-8's, but not rear wheel drive. I'm not to sure if a V-8 would fit, but if they did it to a Focus it should work for a Taurus. You would have to relocate the fuel tank, cut a tunnel for a drive line and I think that the steering rack would be in the way. I'm sure there are other things to think about, but it be a fun thing to build and drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.