Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a Ford Transit Connect XLT, 2010 model. It's selling for $5,000 which is a good deal up here.

But I'm concerned about electrical issues and how much they could cost me. Owner has had trouble in past - shifting out of park.

That seems to be sorted, but now I have another problem. Took to mechanic for inspection and rear tail lights and reverse lights (running lights) are inoperable.

Mechanic friend suggested replacing the computer that runs electrical (can't remember name). He thinks it will be an easy fix.

What do you think? Are these issues typically easy to resolve? Don't want a lemon with persistent electrical issues. How much would fix be?

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
They run 7500to 10K on the southern side of the border, you do the math, but 5 grand sounds like a good deal. What's the condition and does it have the 4 or 6 cylinder? One of our techs got stuck in a 4 banger and he could easily travel highway speeds if he was going down hill with a tail wind.

Are you talking about the GEM or Body Control Module?

Ultimately, it's up to you. What do you need it for? If you plan on putting heavy items in it, it might not be the van for you. If you're loooking to get from point A to Point B with light items, it ay be a different story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would just be for traveling from A to B. Would be using it as a camper van. I think it is a good deal too. Just a bit worried about the electrical issues. The tech who I know is working on it wants to fix the body control module. Thanks for the note!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts