Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wandering where everyone was staying in october?... would i be better staying in geelong or melbourne?

also i have family in Selby.. is that too far away from the action?
 

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
Well I live about an hour away from geelong and that is probably where I will be staying for the whole time. I'm gonna love those early morning trips. Or if I find accomodation that costs less than the petrol, to get me there and back, I might do that.
Or I might be able to stay in Broadmeadows, have to find out.

Paul.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
I was going to stay at Geelong or Melbourne depending on the following day's venue (i.e. a mix). I think it works out at one or two days Geelong, one day Melb, one day Geelong (or something like that).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
I have mates in Geelong, and family in Melbourne, but I think it would be cool if the majority of the interstater's stayed in one place. Could we get a group discount? Makes it easy for evening pub runs, and the like.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Venom S said:
I have mates in Geelong, and family in Melbourne, but I think it would be cool if the majority of the interstater's stayed in one place. Could we get a group discount? Makes it easy for evening pub runs, and the like.
Yes, nightlife is an important factor... :D ;) :p :nuts:
 

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wouldnt mind us all staying in the one place... but i have no idea what accomodation is on offer.. ive never been south of wollongong (ive lived a sheltered life). i guess i should make reservations pretty soon?
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
eb_5litre said:
i wouldnt mind us all staying in the one place... but i have no idea what accomodation is on offer.. ive never been south of wollongong (ive lived a sheltered life). i guess i should make reservations pretty soon?
Ummm, DOC is staying in the sanitarium so count me out. And as for the Tassie guys - are you sure you want to share??? :rolleyes: :D :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
eb_5litre said:
i wouldnt mind us all staying in the one place... but i have no idea what accomodation is on offer.. ive never been south of wollongong (ive lived a sheltered life). i guess i should make reservations pretty soon?
Unless the trip is in a school holiday period, it's not that urgent yet. I would gather most of us would be sleeping very easy every night after a day full of Ford and a gut full of brew so if it was a double bed in an average motel near a pub, that would suit me.
 

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess i should leave my sheepskin underwear at home.... lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Ummm, DOC is staying in the sanitarium so count me out. And as for the Tassie guys - are you sure you want to share??? :rolleyes: :D :D
Hehe I don't think you will have to worry about us Tassie guys somehow!!!!!!!
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,540 Posts
Guys,
we should organise a common accomodation place for us interstaters, i reckon i'd be heaps better than everyone going of in their own tangents. Plus like what Venom S said it will make it heaps easier to meet up for events and night life. :D :D :D

So how bout it guys, we should name a few places and book in bulk.

I dunno Melbourne at all, so i can't make a suggestion, but i'm sure others can.
 

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
Got to work out the exact dates etc, to see if I am actually going, but if so, I am willing to have some stay at my joint in Corio(Geelong). Maybe roughing it a bit.............

Jas
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
Got to work out the exact dates etc, to see if I am actually going, but if so, I am willing to have some stay at my joint in Corio(Geelong). Maybe roughing it a bit.............

Jas
Nah - I like my luxury. Besides, recovery is essential after the BNOs (Big Nights Out)
 

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
Venom S said:


Unless the trip is in a school holiday period, it's not that urgent yet. I would gather most of us would be sleeping very easy every night after a day full of Ford and a gut full of brew so if it was a double bed in an average motel near a pub, that would suit me.
It is in the school holidays, so arrangements should be worked out as soon as you are able. I am more than happy to comment on any of the local accommodation if anyone has any questions such as how far it is from the action, whether or not it is suitable or nice etc.

Let me know if you need help. Unfortunately I don't know much about Melbourne accommodation, i've only stayed there a couple of times...

:cool:
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Yeah Disco -
Is there any Parkroyal, Centra, Holiday Inn, Iner-Continental in Geelong? I use them all the time due to service, rates etc.

Otherwise - chip in and have your say.
 

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Yeah Disco -
Is there any Parkroyal, Centra, Holiday Inn, Iner-Continental in Geelong? I use them all the time due to service, rates etc.

Otherwise - chip in and have your say.
None of the above Pete, but we do have a brand new Sheraton I might be able to interest you in.:D :D :D

What I was meaning was that if anyone has any particular conditions on the type of accommodation they stay in, to let me know. I have travelled all over the place with cars, trailers etc etc and have been in deep water a few times. Some places I chose we couldn't park the trailer in, one in Sydney was attached to a Hotel which housed about a million bikies and had adult entertaiment in the bar (someone started up their nitro Harley in the room next door in the middle of the night, but was I going to complain to them... NOT ON YOU LIFE!!.. should have been a dead giveaway when I rang to say we were running late and they told me to pick up the room key from Harry the Kebab Man out the front :D) another seemed perfect until we realised we were directly under a flight path... I stayed in the best place I could find for one show and it was over run with drunken idiots who screamed all night long and threw firecrackers at the police who came.

I have wished many times that someone local could give me the inside info on a place when I booked it, here's your chance.

:cool:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The Sheraton might be the go. Might make a phone call. Did'nt think Mel was big enough to have a hotel.
 

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
help please discovery... where the hell is Selby?... and is it too far from melbourne/geelong?
 

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
eb_5litre said:
help please discovery... where the hell is Selby?... and is it too far from melbourne/geelong?
Whoa, you had me there. I have looked it up for you. Selby is in the Dandenong Ranges 41km east of Melbourne city. So it would be around 50-60km away from Broadmeadows and about 120 or so km from Geelong through city traffic. (would take you a good hour and a half or more to get to Geelong from there in the early morning)

:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top