Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something of interest. Super Air which is a NZ Fertiliser top dressing company wanted an engine to replace their current one in the Fletcher planes they use.It needed to have grunt and possibly run on unleaded fuel instead of av gas.They replaced them with jet engines but they are expensive to maintain and to buy.They have now managed to shoehorn a 10.5 litre Ford V8 into the plane.It has taken a couple of years and i think $2 million to get it running.I don't think they could get any aircraft gearboxes to take the torque.They worked in with an Australian aircraft outfit and designed one.It's being tested now.Something different.Good old Ford in all applications.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
First on the farm with the Fordson tractor, now we're taking to the air... And people wonder why Ford is the best.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aren't the eyes meant to be rolling in your face things?

No wasn't thinking of your style but now that you mention it aren't you a proud rating 6 for life :p :D

Lets see you come off with those tyres you have now. I though my tyres kicked stones but yours are unbelievable.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts