Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think every driver except Ambrose should be replaced, the rest of them are bloody useless.

DJR cars must have been about the slowest down the straights which seems strange when it was quite a fast track and they are usually fast in a straight line, overall this year has gone from a good start to back to usual ways when HRT dominates except there are 4 cars instead of 2.

We are getting pounded on and off the track.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I wouldn't blame the drivers, it's just that the Falcon's don't seem to suite the bumpy Pukekohe circut.

Regarding the DJR cars - I also think they have gone backwards in straight line speed, I mean at Bathurst last year plus the rest of the high speed circuits they where beating everyone in a straight line however it seems the opposite this year. :dead:

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
The NZ race was an eye opener for me.

Having watched the 3 races. The officials are still biased, got the rat for curb hopping and kelly was doing the exact same thing in full camera veiw. Race one where the confusion over the winner they didn't change the rules but they changed the time the red flag came out.

Watching the Ford team work magic with 9sec pit stops and still not be able to be at the front, the Holdens still have a parity advantage over a race distance.

My sudggestion would be if nothing is changed in 2002, Ford should pull out of V8 racing, with all the cards favour Holden why bother.

·
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might be going a bit far saying to sack all the drivers but I am sick and tired of seeing all those wanker Holden fans and also tired of hearing Mark Oastler raving on about HRT every round, I have no doubt that he has HRT posters all over his room and probably has a HRT bed spread.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Albert, Ford pull out of V8 Supercar racing, I am sure glad you are not in charge. That would be the worst thing they could do. Get seen a wingers and would put us back 15 years.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Exactly, Ford pulling out of V8 Supercar racing at it's peak would be commercial suicide.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've had enough.
I want Ford to win, but I can't ****ing watch them self-destruct every round, its total bull****. Watching it makes me angry so I don't think I'll bother anymore. Marcos is the only shining light - how the **** does a first year rookie dominate people in what should be equal or better machinery who have been in the series forever? The shine of the start of year recruiting has worn off, and has shown that we are still ****ed - I can't take much more of it ffs.
And the series is ****ing rigged - Fords have a way to go but it doesn't help our situation when the Officials seem to be in love with Holden.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Space Lord said:
How come that tosser Jason Bright didn't get a stop/go for hitting Lowndes in the first race??
I was p!ssed off when I saw that! :angry:

What about when crybaby, I mean Skaife let Bright overtake hime in race three? If Radisich did that for Johnson I'm sure he would be pulled in for a stop-go penalty.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Falcon always is the car that has problems with bumps and sh!t. Im so sick of this I fell asleep at 4 oclock I was so p!ssed off. I'm sick of Ford Losing and I'm running out of excuses for them doing so. I think Ford pulling out of V8's would be a tremendous mistake and soemthing that quitters do. It's easy to quit, but when the going gets tough the tough gets going. (we are "buillt ford tough remmeber?). AV Racecar will be out in just over a year which would give as all a glimmer of hope and by that time hopefuly Ford will have their own fully backed race team and have prodrive by their side, just like TWR for HRT.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I can't believe how f****d up the Ford teams are :mad:
How can Holden want new cylinder heads to match Ford's power after creaming them in a straight line and dominating the whole series?
Oh... they also want double-wishbone front suspension because they reckon their suspension is not good enough. What a load of sh!t :mad:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Just wasn't our round lads. Murph was a clear winner on the day and he had the best car by a country mile. Good on him. Shyte happens fellas.. on to Sandown.
The best thing we can do now is support Ford to the hilt and hope we go better next time.. :eek:o1:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Elvis said:
I've had enough.
I want Ford to win, but I can't ****ing watch them self-destruct every round, its total bull****. Watching it makes me angry so I don't think I'll bother anymore. Marcos is the only shining light - how the **** does a first year rookie dominate people in what should be equal or better machinery who have been in the series forever? The shine of the start of year recruiting has worn off, and has shown that we are still ****ed - I can't take much more of it ffs.
And the series is ****ing rigged - Fords have a way to go but it doesn't help our situation when the Officials seem to be in love with Holden.
Elvis,
I can totally agree with every word you just said :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I tell ya lads & lasses, it was pretty demoralising being there amoungst all the gloating Holden fans. And to make it worse I had to drive home in my mates Clubsport R8!! How bad can it get???

See my other thread (Puke Pics) for pictures if you're interested...

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
NZ XR8 said:
My wife says what Ford needs is women driving for them - then they would get somewhere she reckons... :s2: :s2: :s2:
Thats not such a bad idea. Nothing else is working...

Really, this shows that FORD are still way off the pace, and when I heard that DJR had replaced everything and tried every setup and still couldn't work out what was wrong, then that tells me we need a bunch of new engineers/designers in there, and that goes for most of the Ford teams I think. FORD need to provide more Factory support to speed up development.

Ford a just not developing the cars as quickly as the top holden teams.

·
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you think about it is only the HRT Holdens that win, none of the others are that big of a problem for Ford every round.
The K mart cars are ex HRT cars so thats why they are as good as HRT.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Adam W said:
I think every driver except Ambrose should be replaced, the rest of them are bloody useless.

DJR cars must have been about the slowest down the straights which seems strange when it was quite a fast track and they are usually fast in a straight line, overall this year has gone from a good start to back to usual ways when HRT dominates except there are 4 cars instead of 2.

We are getting pounded on and off the track.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Space Lord said:

She has a point mate. To be honest, i don't care if it's a man, woman or alien who's driving the car so long as they win some races.
LOL, fully agreed mate! Mr Bean is an Alien and you see how good he drives his mini with just his feet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.