Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My girlfriend is having her year 12 formal during the month of June (I think!). Anyway, she has been dying to organise a unique car to take us both in. Originally I said she should try get some prices on Ferraris, Porsches etc just to be different from a Limo. Anyway, little did we both realise the ridiculously expensive prices they charge just for an hour! Even just for a convertible Mercedes Benz CLK or BMW 330...

We did get the opportunity to get our hands on a couple of older Ferraris but they just don't have that "wow" factor any more (aesthetically-referring anyway).

Does anyone know of any places that may be a better solution? I've always wanted to do it in style: BA GT/GT-Ps or Mustangs! The Mrs obviously has taste a little too expensive and has realised that it's not feasible to get an exotic supercar, and now admits she would be extremely excited if she could find a place that does BA GT/GT-Ps or Mustangs for decent prices. Afterall, she always says how "pretty" our beloved Fords are ;) Somewhere near South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne would be good anyway.

I'm sure some of you other youngens have been in my position before, what did you do?

Cheers all :thup:

·
SBR Rules!
47 Posts
well im planning on taking my soft top Suzuki LJ50 to mine, at least no 1 else will turn up in the same car as me or a car remotely the same for that matter.
Any GT would be sweet, i would love to rock up in an XY GTHO.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
i did it, turned up in a Red BA GT with black stripes and had 3 BA XR's behind me - all black. Looked awesome. Looked even better when one of the XR's decided to do a nice big donut in the background as we hopped out!

I think Ive said this before, if youre after a GT or whatever get friendly with your local dealer, tell em you'll put some fuel in it or give them a slab or something, that'll usually work. Tightass dealers will probably play the 'insurance or the 'DP wont let us' line, but usually if you're nice to emthey'll be happy to oblige. Just don't ask to drive! :wnc:

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
back2thefutura said:
i did it, turned up in a Red BA GT with black stripes and had 3 BA XR's behind me - all black. Looked awesome. Looked even better when one of the XR's decided to do a nice big donut in the background as we hopped out!

I think Ive said this before, if youre after a GT or whatever get friendly with your local dealer, tell em you'll put some fuel in it or give them a slab or something, that'll usually work. Tightass dealers will probably play the 'insurance or the 'DP wont let us' line, but usually if you're nice to emthey'll be happy to oblige. Just don't ask to drive! :wnc:

stuff that
get friendly with your fellow GT owning forumers
many will be more than happy to help out for a bit of fuel (for car and driver)

too easy
(and get pics)

·
Mountain man'
1,147 Posts
Well for my year 10 formal me n a couple of mates
went in our bush fire brigade uniforms, and got dropped off in the
big fire truck
was funny cause sirens were on, people thought there was a fire near by

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
my mate went in a 10 second 57 chevy... was nice as the car left, 2 WIDEEEEE long black lines hehehe... and lots of that nice smellin tyre smoke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts