Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only after talking to someone else that I realised I'm not the only one shaking my head over this one.

When I drive my car and lock the doors from the inside (prevent carjacking etc), when I get out at the end of the trip the alarm goes off every time. It's annoying and apparently normal operation for the alarm. So, I am forced to drive with my doors unlocked all the time.

Are sedans the same?????

·
Registered
548 Posts
I haven't had that problem with mine (BA XR6), but when ever i hit the door lock when the car door is open the alarm goes off ,most of the time its when i'm cleaning it !, When your driveing lock the doors, but you have to unlock them with the central locking button befor you get out.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
It was only after talking to someone else that I realised I'm not the only one shaking my head over this one.

When I drive my car and lock the doors from the inside (prevent carjacking etc), when I get out at the end of the trip the alarm goes off every time. It's annoying and apparently normal operation for the alarm. So, I am forced to drive with my doors unlocked all the time.

Are sedans the same?????
AP, if I lock the doors using the drivers door lock then all is fine, but if I use the lock switch on the console then it alarms the car, the problem I have then is that if I start the car or if the car is going and I press the unlock button, or open the door then the alarm goes off. It hasn't really worried me as I just use the door lock to lock the doors and the door handle or console button to unlock and all is fine

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think i experienced the same thing when locking the door from the inside on my GTP,. when i got opened the door it triggered the alarm.

I will double check this tonight and report back.

Jim

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I just tried mine and the alarm doesnt go off but i do get a 4 beep warning when i open the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, this also happens to me, and I'm sick of it.

I've been driving down the road with the ALARM SIREN BLAZING, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Funny thing is, no-one else seems to worry about a car being driven off with the siren on.

Makes you wonder what's the point of the alarm???

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
What seems to happen is when you lock the door useing the consule button that arms the alarm so when you open the door the alarm will be triggered.To avoid this happening use the consule button again to unlock and thus avoiding the alarm going off,or if you want to lock the doors just press the button down on the door to lock and avoid car jacking.to open just pull the door handle and that will release the door.
Cheers John

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I'll give it a go. Is it just me or are the owners manual instructions incomplete. Like how do you deactivate the alarm if you want to disconnect the battery (other than doing so with the ignition on)?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i agree with you the manual instructions do seem to be incomplete,they seem to be having more problems on the BA's than the alarms on the AU T-Series for some reasons.
Cheers John

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Pete

Just letting you know that Wasa's TS50 does the same!! Funniest thing ive seen is wasa trying to turn the thing off!!

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
XLR8 said:
Pete

Just letting you know that Wasa's TS50 does the same!! Funniest thing ive seen is wasa trying to turn the thing off!!
yea yea it was fine till rob said "try this" =0-9e[0xk2ex ucd`pjex

rob just likes the sounds of sirens etc , a fetish i think

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thats all that needs to be done in most cases,just re set the alarm.
Cheers John

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i to would like to know how to disarm the alarm prior to disconnecting the battery

to date the best method that i have come up with is to totally remove the siren from the car, shove it in a sleeping bag & stick that in the cupboard prior to commencing any work

regards
rod

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
LOL very funny sorry i cant answer that question.
Cheers John

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
glad you liked it but surely somebody must know how to override this thing

regards
rod

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rod,

I agree there doesn't seem to be a method for this. I have however discovered that you can disconnect the battery noise-free by placing the key in the 'Ignition' position and then disconnecting the battery lead. Same for reconnection.

I don't know what this does to the car's electrics but it's the only way I could find to do it.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
Pete can you then disconnect the alarm from the car or will that trigger the alarm

regards
rod

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dunno. I haven't had to remove/disconnect the alarm.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Why dont you ring up FPV im sure that they will be helpful.
Cheers John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts