Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

Just thought I’d report on the FPV Drive day I took part in today.

First comment :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

What a great day, its amazing what these cars can do "when driven by Professional".

The Morning sessions are really good; they show you little things that you can do to improve your driving that most people don't think about. It’s also a lot of fun.

The Afternoon session is where the fun really begins. for those that don't know, you split into 2 groups, first we did the Motorkhana which is a circuit set up with witches hats that you fang around in the quickest time you can.
1st with traction control on
Then with it off and third time its your choose, who ever gets the combined best times gets a prize from FPV.

Then you go off to the Track for some laps.
By this stage I was starting to feel a little queeze from all the burnouts and the smell of tyre smoke. The sun didn’t help. (A bit of a softy here :angel: )

Anyway so after fanging around the track 3-4 times I felt a bit sick so I pulled off and took a breather.

Then one of the Instructors was free "Greg Ritter" so I asked him to take me around the track. He knew I wasn't 100% so he through the car around this track that hard that I didn’t know if should laugh or throw up!

SO I DID BOTH!!

Just as we pulled up into the pits with me pissing my self laughing from the excitement, I had to ask him to pull over while I bought up the Lovely lunch that was provided! :puke: :puke:

Even with me throwing up it would still rate as the most fun I have had in a hell of a long time!

Seeing 22 Gt/GTP/Pursuits lined up was sweet as well.

Jim

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
Good on you Jim, sounded like you had a great day.......first time I have ever heard of someone getting sick of driving a GT though. LOL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rod c said:
Good on you Jim, sounded like you had a great day.......first time I have ever heard of someone getting sick of driving a GT though. LOL.

I think it was the first time the Instructors had seen it too! i would have been alright if i didnt want Greg to take me around the track, i figured how often do u get the opportunity so it was all worth It!

Needless to say every1 had a good laugh at me!

but its all Gravy

Jim

·
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"
158 Posts
JimBoSS said:
HI All,

Just thought I’d report on the FPV Drive day I took part in today.

First comment :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

What a great day, its amazing what these cars can do "when driven by Professional".

The Morning sessions are really good; they show you little things that you can do to improve your driving that most people don't think about. It’s also a lot of fun.

The Afternoon session is where the fun really begins. for those that don't know, you split into 2 groups, first we did the Motorkhana which is a circuit set up with witches hats that you fang around in the quickest time you can.
1st with traction control on
Then with it off and third time its your choose, who ever gets the combined best times gets a prize from FPV.

Then you go off to the Track for some laps.
By this stage I was starting to feel a little queeze from all the burnouts and the smell of tyre smoke. The sun didn’t help. (A bit of a softy here :angel: )

Anyway so after fanging around the track 3-4 times I felt a bit sick so I pulled off and took a breather.

Then one of the Instructors was free "Greg Ritter" so I asked him to take me around the track. He knew I wasn't 100% so he through the car around this track that hard that I didn’t know if should laugh or throw up!

SO I DID BOTH!!

Just as we pulled up into the pits with me pissing my self laughing from the excitement, I had to ask him to pull over while I bought up the Lovely lunch that was provided! :puke: :puke:

Even with me throwing up it would still rate as the most fun I have had in a hell of a long time!

Seeing 22 Gt/GTP/Pursuits lined up was sweet as well.

Jim
I was the one who won the overall Motorkhana Prize for the quickest overall ( FPV Hat And Stubbie holder ) . :wnc:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
We need pictures please of the days outing.And how many GTs were there? was it 21 like ours last year?
Cheers John

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we had 22 cars, 2 Pursiuts , most GT's and about 4-5 GTP's if i recall correctly.

i didint take any pics i was under the impression cameras were not allowed. I was a bit upset when every1 pulled out their camera's and started shooting.

So there must be some photos out there but i don't know who has them

Jim

·
Registered
610 Posts
So you got through the day ok. Well done
Mine is coming up on the 17th March. What I want to know is how hard is it on the car. As mine has already been through the wars, im not sure how its going to go. The tyres are of interest, if you just do what is expected of you (no burnouts), what sort of wear can we expect?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GT 522 said:
So you got through the day ok. Well done
Mine is coming up on the 17th March. What I want to know is how hard is it on the car. As mine has already been through the wars, im not sure how its going to go. The tyres are of interest, if you just do what is expected of you (no burnouts), what sort of wear can we expect?

depends on what you call "whats expected of you" :wnc:

the only thing that will burn rubber is the traction control sesion and that won't do a great deal, it all depends on you. if you want to take it easy then you will get through it with little more wear than a normal days driving would do.

however if you get right into the spirit of things you may use a fair bit.

The MotorKhana is a good example of this, depending on how hard you want to push it you can go from a nice sunday drive, to a Lygon Street hoon very quickly :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The motorkana is good fun,give it heaps Adrian with traction control off.You'll love it.
Cheers John

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
Just got home from the FPV Drive Day, and i must say it was well worth the day off work.
Very imformative to say the least. Basically touched on al aspects of car control, emergency braking,skid control, the use of ABS brakes, and for the sedan owners, the effectiveness of the (fun stopping button) traction control !
The highlight of my day was the free time to lap Calder park, couldn't go silly, but i was reaching just over 160, which is plenty enough to stuff up.
One thing that i found is that if you are going to be driving in a lot of club days or some seriously fast mountain driving, the optional Brembo brake package would seem well worth it. The standard performance brakes on my Pursuit were getting a little spongy and their stopping power was decreased after some hard braking. Something you may never encounter with day to day driving.
Any way here are some pics, one is of Gregg Ritter signing my engine cover, very nice guy and so were the rest of the instructors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Looks like you had a great day,and really appreciate what these GTs can do on the track.
Cheers John

·
Ingall Fan
179 Posts
G'day fella's

Dad was there in his Mercury Pursuit with the Spider and his business sinage on the side, he had an awesome time especially when Greg Ritter took his ute out and showed him how hard it could go when pushed to the limit :angel:

Cams290: Were you the one that had his hard cover lift up as you spun it around that wet corner?

Dad's got it all on Tape :wnc: was awesome to watch and for anyone waiting to do it i would say go for it, dad still has the adrenilin pumping :wnc:

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
240 T said:
G'day fella's

Dad was there in his Mercury Pursuit with the Spider and his business sinage on the side, he had an awesome time especially when Greg Ritter took his ute out and showed him how hard it could go when pushed to the limit :angel:

Cams290: Were you the one that had his hard cover lift up as you spun it around that wet corner?

Dad's got it all on Tape :wnc: was awesome to watch and for anyone waiting to do it i would say go for it, dad still has the adrenilin pumping :wnc:
Yeah that was me mate, what a pi$$er that was, i cam flying around that wet corner and nailed it, next thing i was going backwards in the grass, the air must of got under the hard cover and lifted it up, must look funny on video ?
Your Dad is a bloody funny bloke, we had a great time, say hello to him for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts