Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FPV DAY - Melbourne Trip

Hi,

Since Gary and myself don't get a chance to go to the club meeting all that often, can some-one please tell me if the club is arranging to go down to Melbourne for the FPV day in late Feb?

Regards,

Tracee

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: FPV DAY - Melbourne Trip

Hi Tracee,
Yes we are arranging a trip down to FPV Day on the 29th Feb.
Ben (Promotions) will be posting some info shortly.

Steve

·
Editor on P Plates
2,482 Posts
Re: FPV DAY - Melbourne Trip

I’m posting this after what was said at last night’s meeting.

http://www.stgeorgesmotorinn.com.au/

We’re endeavouring to stay there again, but remember that as people from FordForums who are going could possibly be staying there also you really shouldn’t wait to call up and book yourselves a room.

Michael has already received a number of bookings for that weekend, so don’t wait till the last minute and hope for the best.

This is only 2 ½ months away and the committee are working away behind the scenes to get events organised, but confirmation of numbers going is needed ASAP!

I would presume (if it’s the same as last year) that the majority will drive down either on Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th and drive back on Monday 1st.

We want to be a lot more organised and have a bigger presence for the 3 branches combined this year, so lets all get behind what is the biggest national gathering of our Tickford/FPV clubs every year.

Cheers
Jason

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello Members.

The club will be looking to participate at the next FPV Family Day to be held on the 29th Feb 04 at the FPV factory in Melbourne.
We are hoping to make this the largest showing from NSW to date.

At this stage we look like heading down from Sydney on Wednesday 25th Feb and returning to Sydney on Monday 1st March.
These dates are optional to participants, you can come down later or leave earlier if you wish.

The club will be planning some optional activities whilst down in Melbourne.
As part of the activities we hope to tour the V8 motor plant and also the new FPR Race Team HQ. (these are to be confirmed).

If you are available for this event and require accomdation to be booked (single or shared available), please contact Ben 0409 122 763 or Steve 0419 170 620.
We need to have the numbers sorted by early January.

Thanks.
Steve.

·
ACT Promotions & Events
39 Posts
ACT GUYS - We will be attending also, we need numbers ASAP!!!
Please let me know if you CAN or CANT make it to this event.

Thanks

Dave

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Not sure why we have to let you know if we CAN'T make it...but just so that I am complying with your orders, I CAN'T make it

·
ACT Promotions & Events
39 Posts
JC, JC, Too much info is better than none at all, and it works... I now no your not coming so I can count you out!!!
Bummer eh!

Catch ya

Dave

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
sorry guys and gals and tickin(fpv-tc nsw branch) i have to withdraw my name from the list of attendee's for this event.sorry but we have to go to adelaide for the clipsal 500 and i finanically can't afford both, it is my wife's 40th and she wishes to go to adelaide and her wish is my command :bowd:
hope every one has a safe trip.
regards
xr8 utey & mrs forte au2
:hpybdy:

·
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT
463 Posts
Dave,

Jacq and I won't be able to make it this year.. My contract expires around that time so, not sure were I will be placed with work commitments..

Recommend people if they can go to make it along it was an excellent trip last year.

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
hey guys

We will be there for sure, it was a great trip last year, at this stage i know that shorty is comming, thats all i know that is confirmed at this stage Dave.
Steve/Dave is there still accomodation available? Are we planning to stay at the same place as last year?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello members,
We are trying to put together a final list before our the Sydney Meeting next Tuesday 13/1/04 so could you please nominate your intentions on here or e-mail me ASAP.

We are trying to get the same motel as last year, but need numbers to confirm the bookings.

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I will be going with dad & most likely mum. If mum goes we will be taking 2 cars (green elxr8 & au fairmont) & if she doesnt go we will come down in mine (xr8). We will be staying with everyone else at i assume the st george motor inn? What forms do we have to fill in & where do we get them? A friend of dads who is a club mamber in a ba gt is going as well.If i need to be contacted you can get me on 0407 451 865

Nathan

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
Steve's XR8 said:
Bump.
We need to know numbers now!!!!!
Forms have to be filled in and returned by next Monday.

Steve.
Steve

Leave the ACT members to me, i will submit entry forms etc, just one less thing you have to worry about, at this stage we have 7 confirmed that are comming (2 WED 5 FRI).
We would still like to have our cars all together (ACT/NSW/Newie), unless you have other plans?
i have already booked 6 rooms at the Comfort Inn St. Georges.
Can you please let me know what NSW/Newie's plans are for the cruze down on the Wednesday.

Cheers

Hoops

·
Registered
509 Posts
Shaun,
Check with Dave C on the forms, I sent him a copy the other day.
Dave did send me a list of starters, with some still to be confirmed.

Wednesday Plan. :driver:
Leave Liverpool around 8 - 9 AM (still to be decided) and stop at Yass for break, fuel etc.
Can meet up with you guys there if that suits you.
Hope to arrive in Melb around 6PM if all goes well.

Thursday.
Morning - Still to be confirmed.
Afternoon. - We have a tour planned of the FPV Factory (V8 motors etc) and hopefully a quick look through the FPR Race Team factory. :clap:
(Numbers to be confirmed to FPV by mid Feb)

Friday and Sat are still in planning. (If your guys have any idea's please put them to us)
Sunday at show all day with group meal planned for Sunday night (same as last year. Was a good night) :beer2:
Monday AM leave for home with maybe a quick stop over at Albury to visit Ozemail Racing if we can organise it. :driver:

Talk to you soon.
Steve.

·
FPV-Tickford club NSW
128 Posts
Hey there Steve I have spoken to Ben about myself and Cara going, as we were spose to be going and still want to go,But as you may of heard I have gone and got the old girl airborne and put her into a ditch :BW: :angry: but we are still wanting to go down and will know for sure by next week if we can still make it, I have ripped the nose cone off and checked out the damage and it dont look to bad so it is just a matter of tracking down another nose cone and a few bits and pieces aswell as a lick of paint.... But will let you know as soon as possible..........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts