Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as you can see I'm looking for some apparently hard to get parts. I'm in the USA, and have been searching for an intake to complete a (5.4dohc) swap in my '99 mustang Cobra. I need the Boss 290 upper/lower intake manifold, the plenum cover and all associated gaskets. I'm currently trying to get these part numbers, and prices as well as a place willing to deal with a customer halfway around the world. I know there are a lot of variables, but if you can help me out I'd appreciate it. You guys get all the great cars! Thanks again

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
What heads are you using, if you are using the 5.4 Navigator DOHC heads the BOSS intake wont fit as the BOSS motors use the 4.6 Cobra DOHC heads. Good luck would make a great car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bsmyth said:
What heads are you using, if you are using the 5.4 Navigator DOHC heads the BOSS intake wont fit as the BOSS motors use the 4.6 Cobra DOHC heads. Good luck would make a great car.
I'll be using my '99 cobra heads, or possibly a set of 03 heads. Either will get a clean up and some new bumpsticks,and valvetrain. The only items I've got to track down are the intake pieces, and eventually an aluminum block!

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
I would give Rob Herrod from Herrod Motorsport an email at [email protected]. They have been doing a huge amount of development on the Boss engines with Ford down here and may be able to help you out. They may be able to send some stuff over if you ask really nicely :wnc:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts