Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in hearing from fellow early build owners (mine is build no 006).

At a recent event where I was able to view numerous FPV cars I had a surprising revelation. The leather trim has holes in it which is backed by a silver foil type material. This gives the appearance of a shining seat material. The thing is that all the cars I saw had this foil easily seen from all angles and uniform across the seats.

Well, compare that to my seats. I'm hard pressed to see the foil even at small angles from straight on. And at some angles the foil appears in patches some places, not in others. On closer inspection the perforations in the leather appear to be smaller and not uniform.

I had a look at a bunch of cars in dealer stock and mine remains unique in my experience.

I'm wondering if this was a running change???

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Mine appears to be normal,but nothing surprise me to see you have another concern.Obviously the perforation in the leather appear to be faulty.You certainly have a unique car.
Cheers John

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pete,

My heart goes out to you mate...ask the dealer if he ran over a chinaman with your ute.

Unbelievable for 70 grand.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I'm not saying it's faulty. I'm just saying it's different is all. I wa sactually surprised at seeing the other cars.

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
Just went and looked at mine. Mine is july '03 build #125. You can see the shiny foil type stuff at any angle you look at.

Regards
cameron

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
You know what , once I had a postage stamp that only had perforations on two sides only , it was classed as Very Rare and was worth a bomb .

You never know you might get lucky yet .

Also when the shinny foil stuff gets a bit stiff and fragile ,it will start coming thro the holes like silver snow flakes ,this you won't experience in your ute as the small holes will trap it before it gets out .

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Pete you got the special tight knit leather to stop all the Lemons falling out!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine looks awesome...

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
XLR8 said:
Pete you got the special tight knit leather to stop all the Lemons falling out!!

lolololololool hahahaha top shot
now wait for the axe to fall lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts