Ford Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
I'll just have the F6 (which will be a MkII really) with stage II APS kit and I would hope I would have a chance against a few HSV Z series things.... And yes, that is my plan, in 12 months I am hoping this will be the case - once my house is built.

Oh and before you ask.... I have drive both auto and manual XT6T and GTs as well as XR8s. I think they all suck in autos. I loved them all in manuals - the manual transformed the XR6T in fact. Just my opinion. And my choice out of THAT lot would be a manual GT-P, easily, above the XR6T. And it would be a close second to "my" F6.....

I cannot claim to have driven any Holden or HSV so I cannot comment on those aside from what I have read and heard around the place. But to me it doesnt matter, for me its ALWAYS Fords. To me there's more to it than just facts and figures re rwkw, Nm, $$$ and the rest. For the passionate ones, I think cars (on either side) have a character to them that is created from the history of either maker, the predecessors (ie classic GTs) and a love of your brand..... Sometimes it might not be logical as far as the numbers go, but we like what we like.

Having said that the whole Holden v Ford rivalry is great for both sides - I wouldnt be driving what I am now if it werent for Holden's advances giving Ford a bit of a prod.

Just my 2c...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well spoken XRchic , but easy on the auto's lol
Cheers John

·
BOSS 260
653 Posts
Steffo said:
You've mentioned how you see these cars everywhere on the road now because of their sales success. Well personally, 90% of fast BA's I see on the road, are XR6 Turbo's. Seeing the bonnet buldge on a car is a rare treat, as most of the time, there's no bludge, just a discreet black intercooler hiding in there. I don't blame people either... its $16k cheaper then a GT and just as fast. If you're after performance, not image, its the car to go for.

I'm not the only person who thinks that the GT hasn't lived up to expectations, nor has the XR8. Only XR6 Turbo has IMHO.

What are XR6 Turbo sales figures like compared to XR8's, just out of interest?
There you go , FAST BA's-thats all the go on about...who said anything about NOT seeing xr6t's on the road ? I stated that i have seen xr8/GT's around, i dont know where you sit all day or which corner you hide in, but i see them out there.So obviously don't make comments like that if your not out and about all day,everyday, because your aren't going to see jack all.
And one other thing,not every person in the world buys a v8 for 1/4 mile times and racing, so get over it, alright the 6t is fast woopidy fcukn doo. Ive got a v8 for work,and play. it sounds awesome, and goes fast enough for now.
So drive the cars, then comment. Stop quoting magazine times, get real life times.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
soooooo many numbers, meaningless numbers.

I havent read half this thread but when you see the numbers war starting you know people are running out of ammo really fast.

I agree 100% with what Hypnodoc has said - lets wait and see before we start running each other's opinions into the ground.

·
Registered
780 Posts
FordACE said:
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

1. Of course the GT is a better all-round car than the XR6T, it bloody ought to be for the $16000 odd dollars you all paid more for it.
Hypnodoc, you go on saying that your GT feels better at higher speeds? Of course it does, you probably have better brakes than a standard T, and you probably have better suspension. I guess all that was included in the extra dosh you paid to your dealer when you got the car?
2. The T is a brilliant car. Throw $16000 dollars at it for engine mods, brake upgrades and suspension upgrades, and guess what? It should be on par, if not a hell of a lot better than a GT.

I think instead of people arguing, just enjoy your fine automobiles, we all like our Fords right? Ford has obviously done something right, they gave us choice.

Paul
Hi Paul.
My T Upgrades were as follows.
DBA Drilled and slotted discs with Bedix pads, cold air induction, bigger injectors, PWR intercooler, pedders suspension (springs & shocks) and a Unichip. :AAHHH: I like open road high speed touring style driving as I've never been into hurtling down the quarter but I enjoy watching it. :AAHHH:
If I wanted a car to vanquish the 1/4 mile a higly modded BA Turbo is always going to be the first choice, but on the open road, sorry I've owned both cars and the GT takes as much percedence over modded T on the open road as what the T would down the 1/4 :wnc:
But then again I got a Typhoon coming mid Nov so I'll get the best of both worlds :wnc:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
FordACE said:
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

1. Of course the GT is a better all-round car than the XR6T, it bloody ought to be for the $16000 odd dollars you all paid more for it.
Hypnodoc, you go on saying that your GT feels better at higher speeds? Of course it does, you probably have better brakes than a standard T, and you probably have better suspension. I guess all that was included in the extra dosh you paid to your dealer when you got the car?
2. The T is a brilliant car. Throw $16000 dollars at it for engine mods, brake upgrades and suspension upgrades, and guess what? It should be on par, if not a hell of a lot better than a GT.

I think instead of people arguing, just enjoy your fine automobiles, we all like our Fords right? Ford has obviously done something right, they gave us choice.

Paul
Not having a shot at you but, even if the GT was a 6 the extra 16k on a T you still wouldnt get the same car you would have from the factory. Bigger brakes for starters whats that option worth 4-5K. Heaps better body styling 4k, bigger better looking wheels 3k, firmer sharper suspension $=? much better interiour as in seats dash um basically everthing. Doesnt leave much room to play with power wheather it was a 8 or a 6. Im sure theres a few things im forgetting but theres the basics. It all adds up and when compareing a modded T to a GT you may have a qicker car down the qtr but it still lacks in all other areas when compared.

·
Screw hyundai.get a mitsu
90 Posts
IMHO 90% of cars these days i'm sure are brought not for performance but for styling and features...and i'm sure it would be around 60% for ford its self..don't quote me on figures...This thread is way out of head and really shouldn't have any further disscusion untill we see some crappy times from wheels/ motor, then we can decided whos king of the ford range, if hsv are kickin our arse by heaps or by a tenth... :beatup:
my opinion
FTe :idk:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
So many opinions.. So many handies on snakies...

FFS.. I really wish people would get over the horsepower war & look at each car for what it is.. A f'ken brilliant example of what the Oz Automotive industry can do with 5/8ths of f*ck all resources..
FPV's have their strong points as do HSV's.. hence the problem from Matrix Reloaded... The problem is CHOICE!
6 years ago the top performance vehicle available from Ford was the 185kw XR8. And we're sitting here bitching about a 290kw (my arse! more like 310!) FPV GT!!
Take a peek through the looking glass people!....

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
FM said:
So many opinions.. So many handies on snakies...

FFS.. I really wish people would get over the horsepower war & look at each car for what it is.. A f'ken brilliant example of what the Oz Automotive industry can do with 5/8ths of f*ck all resources..
FPV's have their strong points as do HSV's.. hence the problem from Matrix Reloaded... The problem is CHOICE!
6 years ago the top performance vehicle available from Ford was the 185kw XR8. And we're sitting here bitching about a 290kw (my arse! more like 310!) FPV GT!!
Take a peek through the looking glass people!....
Well said.

:bsr:

·
Magnificence in Motion
318 Posts
Hmmmm.. ... I e-mailed my dealer to give me a ring about the auto XR8 I had fallen in love with in front of their showroom, he rang and said it's not an auto ..so I said I did'nt want that one then.. so he said what about a 6...and I said it's an 8 or nothin'!

(He was wrong it was an auto and I am now it's proud owner.)

But my point is "It's an 8 or nothin'!"

If you don't want an 8 then you don't get it what it is that we 8 owners do get.

What we get from our 8's is why we drive our 8's.

You sure as hell will never dissuade us from them either no matter how hard you stuff air down the throat of something!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts