Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, is anyone (from anywhere) going to the FPV family day/show'n'shine in february? i'm drivin over to melbourne on the 27th of feb, returning on the 1st of march. any of you SA guys interested in goin over? any melbourne guys goin on the day? would any of you melbourne guys be interested on goin on a cruise on the saturday night? i've never been to melb before, so it'd be cool to hook up with some of you guys and have a run. anyone interested?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you in adelaide pheonix?

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
yeah i might be interested. I'd have to go the friday night after work and be back on sunday night though.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Yeah, i'm going over for it, and it would be good to go for a meet/cruise with the melbourne guys.

Phil - I should be able to travel with you, depending on what time you are planning on leaving.

·
Stoked Ford Owner!
126 Posts
Is the FPV thing a day thing or over a few days? I am interested in coming down, but im from Bairnsdale (300km east of Melbourne) so if it is over a few days, i will have to organise accomodation...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
planning on leavin adelaide early-ish friday morning, coming back on the monday.
kryzak- the actual fpv day is on the sunday, but goin by the some of the other forums/threads (BSRcorp, fpvtc, etc etc) there should be a fair bit of cruisin goin on saturday/saturday night. one of the guys goin in my car wants to check out the laid low customs shop, and iwant to have a look at the melbourne motor show while i'm there, thats why i'm goin for the whole weekend.

·
Stoked Ford Owner!
126 Posts
montyv8 said:
planning on leavin adelaide early-ish friday morning, coming back on the monday.
kryzak- the actual fpv day is on the sunday, but goin by the some of the other forums/threads (BSRcorp, fpvtc, etc etc) there should be a fair bit of cruisin goin on saturday/saturday night. one of the guys goin in my car wants to check out the laid low customs shop, and iwant to have a look at the melbourne motor show while i'm there, thats why i'm goin for the whole weekend.
Hmm, OK. Where abouts are you staying if you have any idea yet? Sounds like it will be worth the travel...

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
I am planning on going over probably friday morning too, just organising who is going to come with me.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
I'm leaving friday morning too.

We need to have a lot of cruises while we're over there too hehe.

Where is everyone planning on staying? I'm staying at a mates house in Hoppers Crossing, which is apparently not too far away from the FPV factory.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aaron_EF8 said:
I'm leaving friday morning too.

We need to have a lot of cruises while we're over there too hehe.

Where is everyone planning on staying? I'm staying at a mates house in Hoppers Crossing, which is apparently not too far away from the FPV factory.
Aaron,

Hoppers Crossing is a nice spot (near Werribee) but it isn't too close to the FPV factory, being just off the main road to Geelong. Still the run to FPV via the Western Ring road should not take more than about 40-50 mins depending on the time of day.

A number of cars from our club (some leaving Wednesday before, some on Friday) will be going over. Maybe we'll see you there.

Have a good run.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I'm in for something on that weekend :)
keep me updated

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Carramar said:
Aaron,

Hoppers Crossing is a nice spot (near Werribee) but it isn't too close to the FPV factory, being just off the main road to Geelong. Still the run to FPV via the Western Ring road should not take more than about 40-50 mins depending on the time of day.

A number of cars from our club (some leaving Wednesday before, some on Friday) will be going over. Maybe we'll see you there.

Have a good run.
Cool, thanks for the info.

What time are you guys planning on leaving on friday?? If you are leaving in the morning, we could all travel together. Because as they say, 'Safety in Numbers'.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm stayin at a "friend of a friends" place, not sure where, but i've been told its about 40 mins from the fpv place. i'll find out in the next couple of days.
aaron and edxr8, i'm keen on cruisin over in a group, i think it would be good to go with the fpv&xr guys to.
carramar, do you have any idea how many cars from your club are going on the friday, and what time they are planning on leaving? my mate geoff from the falcon car club is coming over in his ef to.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Is anyone planning on going to the Melbourne Motor Show?? It's on while we're over there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ummmm..i was planning on going to the motor show...but....ummm..i cant go to melbourne at all now :( another car has come up and i'd be the biggest dumbass on the face of the planet if i didn't grab it. so all my dosh is being thrown in that direction, cancelling all chances of me making it to melbourne.
but hey, theres always next year... and when you guys see my new beast you'll understand... heheheeee

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'd be up for, I just need a bit of notice of the date and timings so I can make sure I get the other shift for the day or get the day off. Probably get the day off.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Hey guys, just thought i'd bring htis thread back up. Are you still going EDXR8?? I am, probably still leaving friday morning, but am driving there by myself at this stage :S

Do you want to meet somewhere before we leave, say the BP on Glen Osmond rd at Glenunga, for intance??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts