Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a look around the forums, there are heaps of people with GT's and their build numbers as screen names. I for one, really enjoy looking at photo's of the different GT's. With or without stripes. Diff Body colour and diff colour stripes and so forth. I thought that as more and more people are getting their GT's that it would be nice to have a similar thread to the AU thread, EF thread, etc etc. So if you have a GT, you should post pics here and have a thread for discussions on the BA GT. They are a great looking car. Why not share it with everyone else.

·
Registered
371 Posts
OK, l'll start.

Blood Orange GT with stripes, owned for 5 months and very happy overall. If l could get rid of the driveline shunt then it would be awesome!!

Attachments

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
there are some really nice looking GT's at Q FORD springwood (brisbane) for anyone up here that's interested. i like GT's that are Black with silver stripes.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
mondie said:
OK, l'll start.

Blood Orange GT with stripes, owned for 5 months and very happy overall. If l could get rid of the driveline shunt then it would be awesome!!
Love your car Simon, simply stunning. (Thinks to himself....no I'm still happy I ordered the XR8, really..I am...)

There should be a fix for the driveline shunt now which involves having the clearences reset in your diff. It was a supplier issue which has now been addressed (fingers crossed).

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FordLover said:
there are some really nice looking GT's at Q FORD springwood (brisbane) for anyone up here that's interested. i like GT's that are Black with silver stripes.
I'm with you. I have a Black Au 3 and in the Black the GT looks impressive. Especially with the silver strips. The mixing and matching of the colours and stripes is a bit of fun. So far, ones I've seen I like is the Black with silver stripes, The silver with orange stripes, Blueprint and Silver stripes, Venom with Black Stripes and the Orange with Black Stripes.

I dunno why people knock the stripes. I think its adds a little extra something to the car. You can have 2 of the same colour cars, with different stripes, and they look different.

Nice choice on colour Mondie. Looks good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
CDAA said:
Love your car Simon, simply stunning. (Thinks to himself....no I'm still happy I ordered the XR8, really..I am...)

There should be a fix for the driveline shunt now which involves having the clearences reset in your diff. It was a supplier issue which has now been addressed (fingers crossed).

Hi Colville,

Your comments on the shunt are interesting, l havent heard this. Do you know this from others experiences? If so any idea on who the dealer was? l would LOVE to get the shunt fixed.

When do you get your XR8, it must be soon.

Cheers Simon

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
What a lovely GT you have there, modie. Simply stunning :)

Stripes or no stripes - a bit of variety never hurt anyone.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Here is my Vixen Red GT. Only a couple of hundred K's so far but very happy.

Just had window tint and looks even better!

Attachments

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
mondie said:
Hi Colville,

Your comments on the shunt are interesting, l havent heard this. Do you know this from others experiences? If so any idea on who the dealer was? l would LOVE to get the shunt fixed.

When do you get your XR8, it must be soon.

Cheers Simon
Hey mate,

I’ll be brief in order not to hijack this thread. I have family that represents FORD Customer Service in NZ. They have also had this problem there obviously, but upon ordering mine, they advised me that the shunt issue in the more recent models has now been ‘minimized’. My dealer has also confirmed this and advised that if the problem does occurs that they will arrange to have it addressed like they did with my previous XR8, in which the clearances were reset in the diff. PM me if you want Dealer details.

BTW the new XR is due next week, but I'm not holding my breath! :angel:

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Will add mine to the thread. Blood Orange, no stripes, now 8 months old and enjoying most of it.

Cheers
Russ

Attachments

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Not a good thread to have...its getting me all hot and bothered...with a sprinkling of jealousy hehehehe....some seriously hot looking GT's there peoples. Fantastic...

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
russellw said:
Will add mine to the thread. Blood Orange, no stripes, now 8 months old and enjoying most of it.

Cheers
Russ
Most of it hey? Are you just warming up for series 2 then?
Seriously beautiful car Russ, just beautiful.

Cheers,
Colville

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
CDAA said:
Most of it hey? Are you just warming up for series 2 then?
Seriously beautiful car Russ, just beautiful.
Cheers,
Colville
Thanks mate.
I say most of it because I wanted a factory supported GT-HO as my avatar says.
Given the (now) public information about the Typhoon 6T and the availability of the luxury pack for the XR range and the forthcoming introduction of 6 speed boxes to some models, I can just be thankful that it is a great car and give it the driveline it deserves as the resale value has just dropped by a hefty margin I would think.

I'd been in two minds since I got the inside gossip about the HAD-T but I think the alloy 6.0 block will be finding a way into the FPV chassis. Watch this space!

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Yes - will post later.

Cheers
Russ

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
i wish i was older or had rich parnets so i could afford one but im only 18 long way to go before i can get anything like that. You wait till i get older :BW:

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
XLR8 said:
Here is my Vixen Red GT. Only a couple of hundred K's so far but very happy.

Just had window tint and looks even better!
Is that a GT-P next to urs?

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
XLR8 said:
No its a Series 1 TS50
Oh ok but does it have GT-P wheels?

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
As promised earlier:

Cheers