Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't subscribe to the goauto.com.au free weekly newsletter (New subscribers can sign up at:
http://www.mellor.net/mellor/question.nsf/enews?OpenForm) it had a brief article on FPV intention to display a FPV Turbo 6 at the show complete with around 270-80KW and a RRP estimated to be around $55k.

Finally Ford may give us something to get excited about at a motor show! However, the article also makes mention that it believes HSV will display an updated GTS :fraz:

Bring it on!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
I am waiting for the replies mainly saying:

"It's a bit late" "Where were they at the SMS" etc etc.

Good to hear they are planning something this time.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Last motor show I went to, felt more like a car yard than anything else, very few concept cars at all, I go for the concepts, not what is in the dealer yard down the road, i could drive around the dealers for free and see whats at the shows, and get a test drive as well.

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dellboy999,

Whilst I agree with you (to an extent) a lot of people use car shows as a way of looking at currently available cars. It allows them to crawl through them at their own pace and time without the pressures of salespeople.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
it's been around for ages.... as DK said, about time.
I sounds grumpy and unappreciative but there is a lot they have been sitting on so as to not steal the thunder of the Territory ... which still isn't for sale yet !

·
Registered
911 Posts
It would be great if this is true. I felt with Territory getting closer Ford might have been reluctant to show anything that could pinch the AWD's limelight. Maybe the dissapointment discussed in this forum after SMS has paid off.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wonder what gearbox it will have. Lets hope its mated to the tremec.

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Can't see FPV releasing a Turbo 6 with 270 or 280kw, it would not only outhandle the GT but be quicker down the quarter, this would pretty well destroy the marketing position of the GT as Ford's top performance car, and also impact new GT sales as well as resale value on the second hand market.

Perhaps an upspecced series 2 GT will be released at the same time to maintain the balance of power otherwise it would be a silly decision by Ford.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Well even with a BA2 weight drop GTs power is going to have to go up a little to compete with Clubsport Gen 4 so they should'nt neccesarily be worrying about outdoing the 290 GT. Even if it makes it onto the road in BA series 1 trim it would only be a few months ahead of the uprated Boss BA2. Given the current 240T is just about line ball with a 290 its inevitable that this Turbo 6 will outdo the current 290's anyway {unless they do an XU6 with it then watch it flop}.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well if they do this, it show's they havn't been listening to us all along,They may as well kill the GT now,because it will be if this is released,

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Who's to say GT/GT-P and Pursuit will not go up in power? ;)

An FPV 6T will be a great addition to the line up.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Although I am a V8 man, I personally would love to see FPV make a turbo 6 that would take on the HSV product head on with no excusues. Any Ford in fact, GT, GTP or turbo 6! Hate to say it, but this just may be the FORD to do it and take no prisoners in the process.

Let the BOSS step up to the mark, rather than keep the T6 down. Be patient fellas, I'm sure it will.

Cheers,
Colville

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
about time!
look forward to seeing the styling of the car too, something a to distinguish it from the XR6T, vents? kit?
should be interesting!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts