Ford Forums banner

Should there be more FPV Adds in the Media?

• Media? I dont read anything but fordforums

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • No, whats the point we know who FPV are!

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yes, I am sick of my 7 year old wanting a baby brother like the holden add!

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a joke!!!

Is it just me or have I not seen a decent FPV add on telli?

I would be interested to know if you think FPV have decided to sit on their butts again expect people to relate FPV a the Performance vehicle for Ford as HSV is to Holden.

I asked a couple of people in the right age braket and income mark about FPV today and they just looked at me...

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
!

FPV actually stands for Faintly Promoted Behicles so we shouldn't be surprised.
But then I'd rather have no FPV ads than something as pitiful as the "you'd be popular too" dealer awareness campaign - although it could be fine taking one of the bald headed fools for a couple of hot laps at Calder with JB at the wheel and filming the facial expression!!

Cheers
Russ

·
Cheerful Idiot
1,614 Posts
laminge said:
Is it just me or have I not seen a decent FPV add on telli?
Haven't even seen some bad ones, let alone decent ones mate...

Common FPV! Should have been done from day one, whether there were cars to sell or not.

It's a brand new company that has to be established, and a year on it still hasn't been. For a direct competitor to HSV, that's pretty slack...

How can you not market the GT? THE Aussie muscle car? It should be easier than selling chocolate to 6 year olds! Or me...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I totally agree it was just yesterday when i was having this discussion with my fanatical HSV owning cousin who arees that Ford are shooting themselves in the foot by not advertising. Its not that you have to get someone to buy a particular vehicle right now, its about getting into their heads. For example for the majority of teenagers that parents dont like a make will be more inclined to buy in the future the make they are more comfortable in seeing. so they see a lot of HSV or Commodore SS ads and they want a second hand commodore when they get their licence, thats the first step into getting a customer to buy a new car from you in the future and is why i believe why Ford have so little younger followers.
When i went to the FPV/FPR dinner at Parramatta when Oran park was on they had a brilliant Ad with FPV's racing around a track and footage from driver training days all along to the music by Thin Lizzy "The Boys Are Back In Town" it was that good i wrote to FPV for a copy but was told they only had the rights to the song for that event. After seeing this ad every time i hear this song i get goose bumps.

Elmer Fudd

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why advertise?

It is a waste of good money.

After all, it only promotes the product and helps make money for the company involved.

I do not see any need for that, not if youre trying to go broke and don't want to sell......

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Didn't one of the PR guys from FPV post on here a few months ago saying that they were working on an TV ad for the FPV range.

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
By time FPV get a add going Holden would had used every song from "Back in Black" and the "Thunderstruck" albums. For there all wheel drive vehicle they will proberly use "Dirty Deeds". (done dirt cheap)

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
They have a great product (debatable if you talk to AP) with a great image, great history and great appeal to the general public, yet they don't advertise on the medium in which most people I think would agree gets the greatest exposure to the public....yes that would be Television.

I haven't seen one FPV ad on TV at all, but in that time I have seen that HSV ad a fair number of times. It is all well and good if the PR person has said they are working on a TV campaign....but by the same logic I am working on having a child (and I am 18 without a girlfriend).

Advertising is a simple (but I agree an expensive) way of getting your product into the market place....something you need to do to get sales. So the excuse is......what?

Woohoo 600th post!!!!! :drummer: :3monkeys: :rockon: :band: :beerbottl

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Well they must be selling anyway....
Was in Ocean Ford Noosa today and GTP-0590 was sitting on the floor looking for a new daddy.
Phantom with stripes.....

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Nah no adds, i reckon they should spend the money on giving free extras an discounts on XR8 utes!

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Seen plenty of press advertising and large billboards sporting the 'Lion Tamer' ads. HSV might advertise on TV, but they don't do it a lot. There is an FPV ad as mentioned, and it makes sense that they begin to advertise more as buyers who'd already planned to get one because they'd seen it motorshows, or just wanted a GT because they were Ford/GT fans drop off having purchased their cars. Why heavily advertise a car with a waiting list?

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
The same reason that the SS is the only Commodore you see advertised - brand recognition and corporate awareness.

Get the potential buyers attention with a high spec model, so that they will be interested enough to have a look at your range and buy a low spec model.

It also provides a starting point for the lifelong propaganda / brainwashing which seems to work so well on the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
299 Posts
howcome they had HEAPS of ads for the AU and AU XR range when it came out and not now? did they really put ALL that money into the BA so as not to have much left over for ads!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
34 Participants
blackout
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing