Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has nothing to do with fords...well, actually it does (a 2001 CV and a Ford Mustang)

Well, last night, 2 officers were dispatched to a domestic call in my city. While responding, one of the officers observed a red mustang traveling at a high rate of speed heading down one of our 2 lane each way divided highway (45mph), he attempted to pull the vehicle over. (this is the husband of the domestic call). They leave the city at a high rate of speed (pursuing vehicle 2001 CV with studded snow tires). The officers had trouble keeping up (he was weaving all over). The pursuit was called off by the desk Lt. The car was observed getting onto the highway (3 lane each way divided 55 mph). I turned the scanner to that city, and about 3 minutes later a call came across for a semitruck - car accident with a male laying in the road. Patrols get there, male was DOA. After investigation, found out he crossed over a u turn patch and headed against traffic. He swipped two cars and then slammed head on into a semi truck. Driver of the car was ejected and killed. That Darwin theory sounds appropriate...

Jonathan

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Sign that man up for this year's Darwin Award!

Sometimes it's truly sad that stupid people end up killing themselves. Hopefully he will be an example of why you don't wanna run from the police.

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they stated over the radio that he told his wife that we has going to hurt himself.... Guess he got his wish...

Jon

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Some disturbed people out there....

Just make sure you all watch out for yourselves....

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently read in the newspaper that the vehicle was a 94 Mustang. and it broke into three pieces when it hit the truck

Jonathan

·
cougar/bulletbird member
74 Posts
the person we need to feel sorry for is the truck driver. 1 he has to live with this, killing someone is tough even if it is not your fault. 2 his insurance is about to go through the roof. 3 he may be out of work, if he is an owner operator he may not have an alternative. 4 he may be homeless now (see#3). 5 some dumbass lawyer is about to sue him for the death of the poor widows husband (after all did he do enough to avoid the accident, did he swerve to avoid the accident and thus make it worse etc... just think stupidly and a lawyer will manipulate it). i have a problem with the cops calling off the pursuit and then this happens. what if he had hit a van full of school kids instead? i say shoot at all pursuits and people will stop running. a bullet hole or two in a car will wake most people up. just think how much money we would have saved if they had put some bullets into OJ and his buddy! hawkrod leaning a little far to the right these days

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, two vehicles approaching each other at 55, there isnt much time to do anything... The truck driver swerved and ended up jack-knifing his truck.

I agree completely... if you give the message to criminals hey, we arent going to pursue you because you might crash and run over some old ladies prized rose bushes, then people will run for anything... All they have to do is get away... reinstate the long arm of the law!!!

Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts