Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just digging through some more stuff on the machine today, came across some shots of club runs past. Here's a beauty from our 2000 Bathurst run.

Damn was it cold, we went down on 27/05/2000, the day before a record cold front came up from the south and snowed in the Blue Mountains and quite a few areas south and west of it! We caught the front side of the change, and on the roads leading into Bathurst there was even ice on the sides of the road!! And what did I leave home with, but jeans, tshirt and light jumper. Brrrr.... :eek: And to make matters worse, the wind up on top of the hill.. aaaaaaaah! Couple of degrees below zero wind chill factor according to the locals.. yikes! Needless to say our lap times were somewhat subdued in these conditions. :wink2:

Ah, the memories.. :cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Looks to be a good turn out considering the weather... How many people do you get on your trips mike?...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on a few things of course. The main factor is how well we advertise the run, so people can plan things ahead of time. So if we do this well enough, and the weather is nice on the day, we expect around 15+ cars. Each run has had increasingly more people lately, the last one up Putty Road had 20 cars, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's getting into the "small convoy" category :D Makes a great sight too...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It might be a bit far, but if you guys plan on any trips down our way let me know 'cause I'd love to join in on one... Some great driving roads around our way... :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing