Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one having trouble with the front bumper on there BA XR's sagging down.
Mine seems to of dropped down about four millimetres and is resting on the headlights.
Noticed because the gap between the plastic trim on the front of the bonnet, and the bonnet got bigger.
Cheers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you sure no ones hit you in a car park ? (from the front)

The hit may have been very subtle, so there may be no marks or scratches, but enough to bend the bumper straps on the inside.

If you are 100% sure its not, then take it back for a warranty fix. Else, it may cost a few dollars for some new bumper straps.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I haven't had the problem but at the Glen shopping center yesterday, We did see a citric acid yellow XR6 with GT stripes !! with the same thing, then the other half pointed out that the number plate was damaged - some one had backed into him, or he had hit some one. I would go and get i checked out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys

Mine to has also dropped down about 4 mills. Tried to get it fixed under warranty but the dealer argued that someone has hit it and that it would not be covered under warranty. So good luck!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think you'll find it has been quite a common problem, especially on the early build examples. this topic has been covered quite extensively on another forf site if your interested..

cheers.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
My FPV has been like this since day 1. I even took the bar off to see what was going on. The only support is the centre bolt behind the number plate and of course the headlights. There's polystyrene type pads behind the bar but these don't offer any support.

So, is there a fix?

·
354 Posts
I had the same problem, I removed my bar to find that the polystyrene had compressed enough to drop the bumper down a little. I added some new polystyrene packing and it now sits perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts