Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
EF Fairmont
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the best after market camber adjustment kit to solve the tyre scubbing problem on my EF.
Any feed back would be great guys.

·
Registered
195 Posts
kempster1 my advise for you is first get the suspention checked out xfs by now would have probaly be up for there second set of ball joints and tie rod ends by now but if all these are ok start looking for warn bushes but i realy think your problem is radios rod bushes so every time you hit the brakes the front wheels toe out causing unstability as well when all is fixed try neg .5 deg camber +3.5pos caster if you have power steering if dont say +1 pos otherwise the steering will be to heavy and 3ml toe in hope this helps vemomXR6

·
EF Fairmont
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
venom but As I said in my email I have an EF. And the ball joints and tierod ends are fine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
well then something is worn or bent if you are looking for a kit you are tring to fix sumthing thing that is bent if there is any one on king island that has wheel alignment machine get me the settings including steering axis inclination SAI and KPI that will tell me where the problem lays only tring to help venomXR6

·
EF Fairmont
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Venom
I am going to buy Kmac camber kits and get it wheel aligned next month in Melbourne when I bring the car over on holidays.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Don't use the k-mac rachet type kits, you are far better off with the shim type kit. The rachtet kits frequently come out of adjustment, and are more difficult and time consuming to align.
In fact you may only need a handful of shims for what you have now.

Rick.

·
EF Fairmont
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was just shimed last time, but it still wearing tyres.
What to buy when you can go looking for yourself.

:AAHHH: :AAHHH:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Had the K-Mac shim kit fitted in Dec 2002, and have been pretty happy with it. (the front end had a decent whack sometime in the past!).

Cost $300 incl fitting (and the bastard GST!) through the local Bob Janes.

·
EF Fairmont
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
venom i have tried what you have said, what else is advailable for the ford front end.
People give me the options

·
Registered
195 Posts
MATE I NEED those alignment figures camber/caster/toe in/SAI/KPI this will tell me what the problem is. SAI/KPI ARE THE 2 IM INTRESTED IN they tell alot things if you can get these i think we can sort this out greg venomXR6

·
Registered
195 Posts
HEY kempster i have just had a brainwave i have a set of tickford shim kits at home new that you can have but they wll be good if its the inside edge that is scubbing they do have longer bolts for more poss camber but if its outside edge it still could be still a toe in problem i need figures still email me at [email protected] greg venomXR6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts