Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having an off Im searching for a Front RHS EB-ED fender for my EA. I know your probably think wtf does he want a Eb/ED gaurd for, but my car has a few different panels on it.

Also im pretty sure EA's didn't have side repeaters so It would be a bit odd to have just one on the LHS.

I need one in Dynamic White. This is a must!..As I dont want to pay a panel beater do spray one for me. BTW how much would that cost?

Its ok it it has a little scratch, but obviously I want it to be as good as possible.

Im in VIC, so please people in other states dont tell me that you have one as Ill get depressed, unless we could work out some frieght thing.

Thanks people.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
i think your pushing shit up hill trying to find just a guard in your colour bla bla
also you might find that if you do find one the colour of it or the colour of your car might have faded, and it will be different shade anyways.

it'd be best to get a good straight guard in any colour and have it sprayed and then the paint blended over the surrounding panels, which will give a top result.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
sorry mate dont have the panel in white or even live in your area....infact i dont even have a panel to sell you. But i want to say your break caliper's on your car look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell me how you did it becuase we tryed doing the same to my brothers EB and it sure didnt look like that!

Cheers
James

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cArSiK said:
sorry mate dont have the panel in white or even live in your area....infact i dont even have a panel to sell you. But i want to say your break caliper's on your car look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell me how you did it becuase we tryed doing the same to my brothers EB and it sure didnt look like that!

Cheers
James
hey carsik..sorry about the delayed reply....

Ok that photo was taken straight after I did it so the paint was pretty fresh.
All I did was cover the surrounding area with newspaper, as it looks gay to get the paint everywhere. Then I cleaned the calipers using some cheap ass degreaser from Autobarn. Then I did about 5 coats of some spray paint that I got from Autobarn as well (UHC) or something like that.

Easy as pie, that’s seriously all I did, no primer or any of that BS. Just 5 good coats of the paint. Took for bloody ever but they are still good. Maybe not quite as shiny as the pic though.

Sorry that it isn't some technical wizardry..it was pretty simple. If I can do it anyone can.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NZ said:
Your cars stark white isn't it?
Nope most definatly dynamic white...is that an ED colour?

I know my car is an EA, the previous owner must of had it sprayed or somehting. My car is just one big mystery to be honest.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:
hey carsik..sorry about the delayed reply....

Ok that photo was taken straight after I did it so the paint was pretty fresh.
All I did was cover the surrounding area with newspaper, as it looks gay to get the paint everywhere. Then I cleaned the calipers using some cheap ass degreaser from Autobarn. Then I did about 5 coats of some spray paint that I got from Autobarn as well (UHC) or something like that.

Easy as pie, that’s seriously all I did, no primer or any of that BS. Just 5 good coats of the paint. Took for bloody ever but they are still good. Maybe not quite as shiny as the pic though.

Sorry that it isn't some technical wizardry..it was pretty simple. If I can do it anyone can.
nice , thanks for that info.....ill do it on my next day off... i just hope it looks as good as yours!

james

1 - 8 of 8 Posts