Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's still got their ford front seats? and who has replaced them with something else??

i'm getting sick of my leather in this hot weather, and i dont want seat covers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
jmartion said:
who's still got their ford front seats? and who has replaced them with something else??

i'm getting sick of my leather in this hot weather, and i dont want seat covers.
I overcame this in the Fairlane by tinting the windows up to the legal limit allowed and just used a sun visor on the windscreen. Leather is a lot easier to live with after doing all that. By the way get premium sun blind since they're quicker to fit than the cheaper ones every time, a lot less fiddly.

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
get someone with a Gli to swap cloth ones in! problem solved!

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlackSnakeEA said:
get someone with a Gli to swap cloth ones in! problem solved!
haha how did i know someone was gonna suggest that! haha..

nah well i'm thinkin of getting some AU tickford seats or BA seats or even HSV seats(without the hsv writing of course), but only if i can adapt the mounts to fit the eb.. anyone heard of this being done before?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Can get mounts made up to suit almost any seat. Recaro, etc... do it all the time.

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
EBXR said:
Can get mounts made up to suit almost any seat. Recaro, etc... do it all the time.
And how much does this ususally set one back?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Dunno - when I'm back at work, in a couple of weeks, I can chase prices if you want. Revolution race gear (i think) also sell fitting kits for the seats they sell...

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
i had the ghia seats in my car, then i had my saas seats, now i got my std ghia seats bak in the car, and now searching for ESP seats.

·
351 windsor for the xr
174 Posts
will ba xr seats fit on to eb mounts and are the front seats electric adjustment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, ea - ed mounts are the same. EF/EL mounts are the same and AU - BA are the same. You will have to get mounts made to suit and it's getting harder to do this with all the litigation involved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts