Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just bought myself a pair of Talkabout 5200's & remote mikes.

Now, what are the channels I need to set them to for SCPOC? Also for future reference, does BAPOC & SacPOC use the same ones?

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i don't know if bapoc/sapoc uses the same channels as us, but we use 9/14 or 9/15.

best way to find out for sure which one we're using is to check with either me or stacey on the day of the event. :)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Now I'll make note of that and hopefully never be "the lost probe" again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lead Car - Follow car FRS

One more thing that I would like to mention is having the lead car and the last car should have one more FRS radio tuned in to channel 9 sub 20.

This way they can have uninterrupted communication between them when we have a large caravan of cars. This will help not to loose anyone as we go from place to place.

Also the last car needs to run interfeance for traffic, so the rest of the cars can leave when we are leaving a parked area, then trail in behind and watch for straggelers.

We have used this before and it seems to work. Thanks for reading! :)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely. When caravanning, tail-end charlie has to drive kind of like a jerk. He basically runs blocking maneuvers on traffic.
:nuts:

I've done this many a time when caravanning with my ren faire group. We've kept a 10-car caravan intact from OC to Ventura this way. That and the lead & tail cars had CBs in them--coordinating maneuvers makes all the difference.

Oh yeah, and when some sorry driver gets in the middle, we always put the ol' squeeze play on them. 1' following distance (front & rear total!) tends to convince people to go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts