Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didnt think I'd be doing this, But the car is for sale since i've lost my licence.

2001 Venom Red Sedan,
5.0ltr V8 Auto, with switchable shiftkit,
17" Tickford Alloys,
PREMIUM Brakes,
6 In Dash CD Stacker (Fully working),
Aftermarket Twin Exhaust system (Breautiful note),
Lowered by Pedders,
Full Tickford Body Kit (Rear, Side Skirts, Front),
Hayman Reece Towbar Kit,
Tinted Windows,
XR Car Matts,
Elec windows and mirrors, Air con, twin airbag, ABS, and Cruise control.

Comes with Full Service history and books.

The car is in perfect condition inside and out.

Located in Vic. (SE Suburbs)

$35500

Danny

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
I think your price may be a bit high. Redbook price range is $30,200 - $34,600 with 40-50,000 km on the clock.

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JC...

I Dont expect to get what i want.. however, not even anyone has replied.. or even shown any interest... Guys, i am negotiable :>

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that Redbook price range cover just a standard au2 xr8? remembering mine also has optioned prem brakes, body kit and various other modifications...

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Redbook price is for "Base" XR only - the premium brakes etc would make your price "on the money". I am interested (always am in anything V8), but have no money at the moment - in fact probably not until 2005!!

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you'd say my price is reasonable?

I dont even wanna sell the car. but not having a licence now is a perfect time to get into property investing :)

And speaking of premium brakes. They need new rotors / pads, so for the roadworthy i will be fitting them.. (Big deal you say? do a search on premium rotors, and you'll see why i mentioned it)

And, i want to have enuff to cover the finance on the car.. sure i've already lost X Amount of cash, but you loose more as the car devalues over time.....

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Its got the colour coded mirrors, but is it a 220 KW, can u give us teh build date and also how many kms it has travelled.

Alloys x 4 or x 5?

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
They were all X 5.
This was when Ford only wanted to jip you a little, not a lot like they do now.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
220 KW AUII's only had 4 and didnt have the Prestige sound, thats why i have asked him if it was teh 220 KW Version.

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a 200kw(151rwkw as per dyno printout), 17" alloys x5 (it has to due to premium brakes up front)

Prestige sound.. Does that mean teh 6 stacker with or without parcel shelf sub(mine doesnt have sub).

My price needs looking at? What do you propose? Ive seen prices vary from 30k to 35k, and personally with my extra's i think im fairly reasonable.. The car is in Mint condition, no dints / scratches anywhere on the paint work.. all running like clockwork :p

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Id say about $29000, its only a 200 kw, i could have bought a 220 KW with premium sound for $27000, same colour!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
XTS220 said:
Id say about $29000, its only a 200 kw, i could have bought a 220 KW with premium sound for $27000, same colour!
well then you should have, but with the extra's on ^^^^ vehicle $29,000 is an insult,
Mine is very similar to this one and there's no way known I'd sell it for that price,there is a 220kw XR8 at my local dealer for $37,000,so around $35,000 sound's good for me.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
The 220 had the racing body kit, premium sound and a sunroof. Plus it was a 220Kw!

Stop playing with yourself, you wont get $37,000 for one thats for sure!

If he went to trade it in the dealers would offer him about $26 trade, so i think $29,000 is fair, maybe $30,000 but $35,000 is totally unrealistic considering T3 AUIII TE50's are selling for $38,000 with the 250kw motor, leather and 18 inch rims and hardly any kms.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Heres a good example, for $32,000.

Vehicle 2001 FORD FALCON AU II XR8
Price $32,500
Kilometres 43,000
Body 4 door Sedan
Colour RED
Transmission 4 speed Automatic
Engine 8 cylinder Petrol Multi-point injected 5.0L (4942cc)
Reg Plate RHQ 311
Long Comments AU II XR8 220KW Fully optioned, Body kit, Momo steering wheel and Gear knob, Leather trim, 18" T Series Wheels, Sun roof, tinted windows, 6 stack CD, Herrod exhaust and Koni suspension, Balance new car warranty till DEC 2004.

·
Registered
57 Posts
XTS220 said:
I'd have to agree. See my thread also trying to sell an AU 11 XR8 in excellent condition. Similar vehicles (mine without bodykit) yet I'm asking $26000.

My experience with dealers is they aren't offering much for trade on AU's (regardless of what Series it is) which ultimately will set the price. What dealers have them listed for in the lot and what deals they are prepared to offer when on selling is two different things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
XTS220 said:
Its got the colour coded mirrors, but is it a 220 KW, can u give us teh build date and also how many kms it has travelled.

Alloys x 4 or x 5?
What kms has it travelled?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
I dunno, i asked the same thing, instead some guru decides to say its worth $35,000 --- I say Headsex, keep it man, coz they are a beautiful car, very hard to replace - plus you seriously wont get what its worth to you.

Just lock it up for a year, start it occassionally / get someone else to drive it. Cheaper then selling it and buying something else next year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
XTS220 said:
I dunno, i asked the same thing, instead some guru decides to say its worth $35,000 --- I say Headsex, keep it man, coz they are a beautiful car, very hard to replace - plus you seriously wont get what its worth to you.

Just lock it up for a year, start it occassionally / get someone else to drive it. Cheaper then selling it and buying something else next year.

Good call XTS 220. If money is not the problem and the only reason for selling is the license issue then lock it up and keep it clean. I doubt these things were worth much more than $35000 the minute the Series 111 come out, let alone with the BA now being over 12 months old.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts