Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) V8 Cleveland electronic distributor + control box. In perfect working order. Suit XA/XB/XC 302 or 351 Cleveland. $100

2) Holley 650 Vac secondary carb + cast 4 barrel manifold to suit 302/351 Cleveland in perfect working order. $150

Located in Cranboure, Vic.

Email : [email protected]

Brenden

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No sorry can't help there. These parts are just parts I've removed from my engine a short time ago. As its just been rebuilt and it getting (has got actually) brand new parts (ie carb/manifold and dizzy).

With all the luck I am having lately I may get my car back next century. Damn Ford heads! Engine rebuilders sent some off to be machined up (ported/polished/shaved/4v valves/roller rockers etc) and they were screwed. I'll be buggered if I know why they didn't send the heads of my changeover motor? Now I have to wait another 2 weeks for my car and it's already been 3 months.

Brenden

PS..Hi Jeff. I got my wheels a nice set of 16*8 CSA prowlers fitted so nicely ;-)

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem is I don't have a digital camera and I haven't seen the car or engine for any longer than 1/2 hour per fornight. Only time I get near the car is when I am going beserk at the engine rebuilder for taking 3 months to build one engine that he's practically been 95% payed for. Only got $2420 owing on the $10,500 rebuild. Which I have flashed the rest of the cash as it's been in my hot little hands for the last 8 weeks. Oh yes the price rose a little higher as I wanted extra's (not necessary but I had to have them).

I was going to get him to lower the car too but I don't want it taking him 4 weeks just to lower the car and rebuild the front end. I'll take it somewhere else and have it back the same day.

He's quoted $1000 (no clutches) to rebuild my 3.00 ratio LSD centre to 4.11. Most diff places can supply a 4.11 LSD 9" centre (no change over) for $1300-$1500. So thats another job they've lost for jerking me around.

Everyone else's stuff gets done fast but mine. Took them 6 weeks to do a Stage III C4 auto build for me.

Admittedly they're damn slow but the quality is second to none. The only reason I am pissed as they told me I'd have the car back in 6-8 weeks. It's been 4 months!

When I get the car back? I'll post pics but till then I have to be patient. As the more I get pissed off and yell and scream the less work done.

Brenden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts