• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an on the spot question/poll..

Would you guys prefer the FTE showrooms to be named FTE or kill the FTE name and just simply have Tickford Showrooms?
Don't worry about the car lineup, I just wanna guage your thoughts on the branding of the showrooms..

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Im sorry maybe its just me, but doesn't FTE look like FORTE with the OR removed?
FTR would be better, or just Tickford..

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'd like them to keep the FTE name, change the name of the cars and get a new logo.
The current FTE logo is a bit plain. Something like the current FTR logo would be great. I think having a Falcon (bird) in the logo would look better and is a bit more easier to market as well.
Still with the new range coming soon anything can happen.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
A fair while ago I made up an version of the original FTR logo within the surrounds of the Ford oval which looked pretty good, problem is I don't have it anymore or I'd post it here, Might try and redo it again sometime...

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
I would say the Tickford name is my choice mainly because it is more recognised and also now that Prodrive will be involved.

Then again, FTE may need more time to establish itself as the performance car brand it is meant to be. To me "Tickford Falcon"
has a nice ring to it over "FTE Falcon".

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RATT said:
To me "Tickford Falcon" has a nice ring to it over "FTE Falcon".
That's what I'm thinking too..
The reason I posted this thread is because I was flipping through the latest Unique Cars mag and saw the ad for Springnats (I think). Sponsored by Ford Racing and Tickford. The Tickford logo stood out tall and proud whereas the FTE logo just doesn't cut it ATM I reckon. I'd much prefer to see the showrooms re-branded as Tickford and the number of showrooms increased to compete against HSV. Just a thought anyways..

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
I think Tickford is the go, Although FTE would work but it just needs time to establih it's self.

I think the Tickford name is associated with performance and quality, while the FTE name is fairly new and needs to become established.

As others mentioned Tickford falcon sounds better than FTE falcon.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Far as I'm concerned if the brand was to be able to be changed tomorrow I wouldn't mess with it.

The FTE brand needs more time to be established, though it could do with some better names.
If changes were to be made to ease confusion at the present moment, to me it should take place at XR level where future XR's should carry on being developed by Tickford but move the assembly of them to main factory along side Fairmonts etc...
At the same time the Tickford badging would not be used on the XR's but left exclusively to the FTE range.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
FTE for me. Take a look at the experience of Pete and the way he was treated at Tickford.
It is an ownership experience.
It is a Ford experience.
It is the Tickford experience

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm undecided on whether they should change the name. I think maybe they should call the models of the cars something different. TE/TS/TL50 doesn't really cut it. They need to have a name. HSV have Clubsport, Senator etc, Ford need something similar.

G

·
0 Posts
FTE sounds good to me although I'm with Falchoon they should give the cars a different name instead of TE TL or TS50.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I reckon with Ford, Tickford and FTE it all gets a bit too confusing.

Ford and Tickford are the way to go I reckon...along with some new names for the cars.

Paul.

·
2,153 Posts
HSE2 said:
FTE for me. Take a look at the experience of Pete and the way he was treated at Tickford.
It is an ownership experience.
It is a Ford experience.
It is the Tickford experience

:thumbup:Yes when you put it like that FTE is a good name, and that is what I would be looking for if I buy a Tickford Falcon.

What would be a good names for the T-series Falcons?

Falcon Cobra maybe?

I'll try to think up some more later.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
What would be a good names for the T-series Falcons?

Falcon Cobra maybe?

I'll try to think up some more later.
I remember in a thread a little while ago that was talking about car names and one that I came up with I still love, but I dont know if it could be put on a car and look good at the same time.
The name was 'thoroughbred'. (sp?)
I was thinking that it could be placed across the boot in the way that the clubsport is done.

If that turns out impossible, what about, keeping with the horse theme, Brumby?

That about exhausts my creativity for this week.
Paul.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm, call me old fashioned, but I still prefer either Cobra or Sprint... after all, do we need a new name when we've got Cobra/Sprint/GT/GTHO/PhaseX ?? :D

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Brumby is what you'll find on a busted-ass Soobaroo ute...

Dump the FTE. It hasn't worked as a 'brand', and it doesn't have to - what's wrong with the nice, crisp-sounding Tickford?
The FTE logo looks like something you'd see on a box of kiddy's playthings like LEGO and it doesn't really shout, well, anything really...

Tickford is the technology and the brand. And the wings.

*sigh* I feel better now

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IIV8II said:
Tickford is the technology and the brand. And the wings.
Ah bloody men to that.. Tickford is the wings.. not FTE.. The whole concept of the FTE experience is the go no question, but FTE as a brand sucks.. Who makes hot Factory Falcons in Oz? Tickford do..
Cut the fancy "Ford-Tickford-Experience" crap and call it Tickford. Tickford means something.. FTE means nothing.. Current sales prove the point. It's only us Ford type folks who know what FTE is.. Joe Shmoe wouldn't know what FTE was if it bit him in the arse.
Ford needs passion right now.. they don't have the luxury of "building" a brand. They gave that up when they dropped the V8..

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Problem is, FTE is a joint venture between Ford and Tickford.

I do agree, the name 'Tickford' has been around long enough now to have established a name for itself, and would be better suited to the task.

But how do we get around the 'Joint Venture' issue?

Lukeyson

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Luke Plaizier said:
Problem is, FTE is a joint venture between Ford and Tickford.

I do agree, the name 'Tickford' has been around long enough now to have established a name for itself, and would be better suited to the task.

But how do we get around the 'Joint Venture' issue?

Lukeyson
They are a joint venture on XR's too, but the XR is not labelled FTE.
As long and Ford build them and Tickford modify them, they will always be working together.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
The cars should be called TICKFORD's.

The naming structure at the moment is too bloody confusing.

I dont know what to call them. FTE's, Tickfords, T-Series, TE's what??????

Its confusing my brain and making it go into overload.

No wonder they are not selling any of them.

Put the tickford name on them. SELL THEM AS TICKFORDS AND WATCH THE SALES INCREASE.

People compare Tickford to HSV.
People compare FTE to nothing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts