Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started with the fan not running still not running last night on way home from work I lose some gears in my transmission 2nd and 4th I believe and Reverse for sure throwing codes P087A and P287A from tranny and was difficult finding any info on these but finally did! Then call my Ford dealer and service dept and they are 2 weeks behind on trans work so they said so I havent got much choice but to drive it to work in 1st and 3rd and 5th with no Reverse gotta make sure I park where I can pull out instead of backing! Lol talk about a shiz sandwich seems to be my lunch supper and breakfast too any thoughts would be welcome!

·
2002 F150 XLT
11,026 Posts
Sorry about the delay in the trans work. try unhooking the battery for 30 seconds and see if the trans works any different. It's probably the shift motors though. The engine fan only work with A/C on or when the engine is hot.

·
Super Moderator
19,178 Posts
P087A is Clutch Position Sensor B Circuit fault.
P287A is Clutch B Stuck Engaged

Could try swapping the shift motors and see if the codes change. But there are all sorts of TSBs on the trans problems . Worth reading this ,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok my topic must not be one with much activity or advice. But could someone at least please steer me in the right direction as to where I could find advice on it in the way of websites or tech sites please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing at all! But I have a code reader to find the codes P087A & P287A FYI I was seeking repair advice & possibly estimated cost if Ford tries to avoid fixing it under their extension for 2011 Ford Fiesta SES's Another thing I honestly don't understand is the difference between a TSB & a recall or any other jargon they try to muddy up the water with!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts