Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel cap seems to be leaking (XH ute), it usually happens where there are right-hand corners - take a few hard and you can just about see the fuel gauge has gone down, sometimes also on bumpy roads, and it is worse when it's full. As my id suggests it's an Outback ute, which are apparently meant to have a different fuel cap. Does anyone know what the difference is and if it matters? Is leaking like this a common problem? Could it be something other than the cap? Have I asked enough questions yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an XG outback - never had any of those problems. Prior to that car I had an old XF banger, and I can't recall noticing any difference between the caps.

Have you tried another cap? It may just have a faulty seal.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd ask the question before I get another cap, in case there is some other common problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a xh ute that has the same problem when i go around a right hand corner, i can literally see the fuel running out. i got a new cap and still the same thing... is there a better locking cap on the market ? the fuel comes out of the key hole...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 98' XH Outback with the extended fuel tank and have the same issue. Exactly as described in the first post. does no one have any ideas or solutions to this???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts