Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up my tank today; my gauge was down to under a quater,

And when I started the car I realised that the gauge had not gone all the way up, in fact it hadn’t moved at all.

The trip computer was flashing at me saying I had 60km's left in the tank.

So I turn the car off and on, still the same thing.. So I head off and as I am driving it is slowly going up, it eventually steadied at 1 quater left and stoped there.

I parked the car at home and went back 2 hours later to check it and it was still on the same spot.

The needle isn’t stuck it just doesn’t recognise the fuel.

Has any1 else had such an issue? I think I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and get it looked at.

Jim

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
JimBoSS said:
I filled up my tank today; my gauge was down to under a quater,

And when I started the car I realised that the gauge had not gone all the way up, in fact it hadn’t moved at all.

The trip computer was flashing at me saying I had 60km's left in the tank.

So I turn the car off and on, still the same thing.. So I head off and as I am driving it is slowly going up, it eventually steadied at 1 quater left and stoped there.

I parked the car at home and went back 2 hours later to check it and it was still on the same spot.

The needle isn’t stuck it just doesn’t recognise the fuel.

Has any1 else had such an issue? I think I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and get it looked at.

Jim
yeah i think in the thread ''ba is a lemon'' there is a TBS for this the dealer,s have been told...maybe its this one.
Erratic Fuel Gauge Operation/Inaccurate Fuel Range Display BA Falcon 22R/03
:edit:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers XRFPV8,

i had a look at the other threads, seems to be a common fault.

I Have booked my car in for next wednesday hopefully its a straight forward fix.

the only problem is i am going away this weekend to the Otway Ranges. nothing worse than going on a long drive and not knowing how much fuel you have!

Oh well

Jim

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
We got the same problem on the EL fairmont with the guage and trip computer. The distance to empty shows different to the guage and it keeps on changing as we drive.

·
Banned
363 Posts
JimBoSS said:
Cheers XRFPV8,

i had a look at the other threads, seems to be a common fault.

I Have booked my car in for next wednesday hopefully its a straight forward fix.

the only problem is i am going away this weekend to the Otway Ranges. nothing worse than going on a long drive and not knowing how much fuel you have!

Oh well

Jim
Use your trip meter, surely you know how many K's you usually get from a tank, get to that point or there abouts and fill up, should be no problems at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts