Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pump in my car has been playing up recently. Seems to be a heathcotr tradition as a friends fuel pump died on a trip to heathcote.

Anyway, sometimes it just plainly wont go. Turn key to on, no prime. try again same thing, try again, it goes and I can drive all day with no problem.

It did this when I was at Melb Airport - I had no tools with me and no cellphone. A PITA to say the least. Luckily it decided to go.

I swapped all the relays around which made no difference.

I have connected the pump from my EA and everytime it has started. The original one starts most of the time but occasionally doesn't so im 90% sure its the pump.

This is where it gets interesting. The EA pump is a fair bit smaller in size than the V8 one. The silver case is a smaller diameter and is shorter as well although the pumps are both the same length, the ea one has a big plastic peice on the bottom.

Both engines pumps are rated the same - 85l/hour at 250kpa

The ea pump is Walbro and the EB V8 one is a Bosch.

Im wondering if the EA pump is an aftermarket jobbie and will be fine in the V8.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
well if they are rated the same and the EA one fits the EB hole, then give it a go. i wouldnt imagine it will do any harm.

PS check that thread in the wanted section about the wiring harness...

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Should be fine on a fairly stock V8, although I would just check the AF ratios on a dyno if you have the chance just to make sure. Walbro make the majority of aftermarket and OEM fuel pumps. Also the size isn't an indicator of flow, I just installed a 255l/hr walbro pump in mine and it is tiny compared with the stock V8 one too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts