Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly just a vent. I finally got around to replacing the fuel pump on my Mustang, only to find out the "carb to pump" line is also going to need replacing. Want to know why? I can't get the old off the pump. Some bozo destroyed the nut that holds the fitting in the pump. Why can't people be more careful? WHY, WHY, WHY!!!!!

OK, enought venting. I found and ordered the part i needed. Stupid little parts stores around me hardly ever have what I need.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Why? Because many people are mechanical idiots who don't understand or care.

I suggest a better parts store with a better selection and knowledgeable counter-people. I like my NAPA store.

G

·
I think its mainly cause people would rather do it the easy, fast way, than do it the right way. Pretty stupid if you ask me....

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SuperDave said:
Why? Because many people are mechanical idiots who don't understand or care.

I suggest a better parts store with a better selection and knowledgeable counter-people. I like my NAPA store.
I don't give the parts stores here enough credit, I was just a little agitated. Truth is, there are about 10 Parts stores here, including one very nice Napa store that I frequent quite often and they are usually very knowledgable and quite helpful. Can't say the same for Autobone. But, this time the guy wasn't sure whether or not he would be able to find a part. I found one online at Restoremustangs.com and went ahead and ordered it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts