Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey ,
Has anyont tried the TORNADO??? it's kinda a minature wind tunnel that works to sort of spin the air ging into the TB kinda like a turbo does...and is suppose to help you get I think a 7% increase in fuel economy...I plan to buy one this weekend from JCwhitney..It only cost about I think $65.00...might be worth it if you save 7% every month off your gas....I know i try to save every penny when gas keeps getting higher...Also don't know if anyone has a Flying-J truck stop near them but they have this Bonus card that will save you 1c per gallon so when every one else pays $15 for 12.295 gallons i get $15 worth of gas for $14.88...i know it's only $.12 but x's 2 cars....$.24 every week.....$.96 every month....$11.52 a year...that's like getting a free tank of gas....also if you spend money in thier store you can earn more money off per gallon....Good luck guys and KEEP SAVING FOR THE TRIP!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
The Tornado is just another snake oil product. I've seen many before-and-after dyno runs with this thing and it always cost the car a few HP. You don't want swirling air in the intake, you want it in the combustion chamber for faster, cleaner burning.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I am not convinced. Anything that is passive, and creates turbulence also has to create drag on the intake side. I might be more likely to try that electric supercharger they have out that is activated at full open throttle. It gives about a 1-2 lbs boost if I recall.

Think about it The farther upstream the vanes are, the more the turbulence will settle. Since the intake runner is set up sequentialy, I would think the benifit (If there really is any) would be inconsistent between the cylinders. If this is so, then what effect would it have on the engine. I would think that you would be much farther ahead to put that $65 into a low restriction intake. This vane thing only defeats the purpose. Since our cars a fuel injected, the fuel is pretty well atomized as it is injected into the intake runner (I think our cars are TBI). I would be somewhat inclined to buy that there MIGHT be an effect on carburated cars where the fuel atomization depends on the speed of the airflow through the venturis.

I think I will spend my money on something that really works.

Evan Kay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts