Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where people got the parts from or how they assembled the unit, I'm looking into whats required to build a 35 spline detroit locker full floater rear end to fit XE and to still retain the std disk and susp setup, basically the toughest diff that can be street registered, I considered a 4link and coil overs but engineer said its hard to get the susp travel RTA want.

Some of the prices I have so far are
full floater hub kit complete-990$
EN36A hardened axles-650$
H/D new 9" centre housing section-200$
Strange nodular case 3.250 bearings-400$
Existing XE axle tubes-free
Billet case 35 spline detroit locker-??? maybe 1K

I have been told a 40mm steel rod can be used to align the hubs, but how do you centre the middle section? Also not sure how to stop the whole lot bending when I weld on the brace across the rear of the housing?

Any advice or previous experiences? Anybody know any good shops?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
I am about to fit a brace on my shortened xy 9". It's a competition engineering one. My diff is moser billet 31 spline, lsd with new hemisphere and romac forged hat, motive perf gears and a strange yoke, i am running 3.89 gears. When a local guy shortened my diff it was placed in a special jig he has cut to size, then he places a huge pipe down guts of housing in another jig and trues the housing cost me 165 to shorten and true the housing.
AZZA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
azza said:
I am about to fit a brace on my shortened xy 9". It's a competition engineering one. My diff is moser billet 31 spline, lsd with new hemisphere and romac forged hat, motive perf gears and a strange yoke, i am running 3.89 gears. When a local guy shortened my diff it was placed in a special jig he has cut to size, then he places a huge pipe down guts of housing in another jig and trues the housing cost me 165 to shorten and true the housing.
AZZA
I've been told when you wled on the brace it helps to have the housing counterbent about 1/4" so that by the time it shrinks back as you weld it will be straight, was the brace from Tony?
 

·
New toy in the shed
Joined
·
563 Posts
LTD351V2 said:
Just curious where people got the parts from or how they assembled the unit, I'm looking into whats required to build a 35 spline detroit locker full floater rear end to fit XE and to still retain the std disk and susp setup, basically the toughest diff that can be street registered, I considered a 4link and coil overs but engineer said its hard to get the susp travel RTA want.

Some of the prices I have so far are
full floater hub kit complete-990$
EN36A hardened axles-650$
H/D new 9" centre housing section-200$
Strange nodular case 3.250 bearings-400$
Existing XE axle tubes-free
Billet case 35 spline detroit locker-??? maybe 1K

I have been told a 40mm steel rod can be used to align the hubs, but how do you centre the middle section? Also not sure how to stop the whole lot bending when I weld on the brace across the rear of the housing?

Any advice or previous experiences? Anybody know any good shops?
Why don't you just ring John Taverna chassis. He could do the whole lot for you including the cost of shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ch7472 said:
Why don't you just ring John Taverna chassis. He could do the whole lot for you including the cost of shipping.
I've already got Tony from comp engineering, prob using his axles/housing/and floater kit, good value.

Just bought the 35 spline detroit from syd comp for 760$ posted.

I'll prob get the 3.250 carrier next, have to sell some stuff first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
LTD351V2 said:
I've already got Tony from comp engineering, prob using his axles/housing/and floater kit, good value.

Just bought the 35 spline detroit from syd comp for 760$ posted.

I'll prob get the 3.250 carrier next, have to sell some stuff first.
hi s.c.w is a guru with diffs although sometimes his blasay attitude can shit you to tears. he has done work for us in the past and he genuinely puts a huge effort into setting these diffs up properly. and he goes the whole nine yards in getting them right and he doesn't wound the pocket either. i can honestly say his diff building is of the highest qaulity. :hy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The LTD is comming along nicely, this diff and the CHI heads and maybe a PT91.5 are for the next project after the LTD gets boring, its an XE ute.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top