Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I cannot find out what this piece is.
(EDIT: ITS AN EVAP SOLENOID)
Automotive tire Plumbing Gas Fuel line Auto part

Specs.
2007 Ford E350 extended cargo
5.4 engine

I'm pretty sure it's EVAP related, I think it's connected to the charcoal chamber (idk what it's called)

It is located up above the spare tire. The male part of the clip had a corroded piece that fell off. I unplugged it and the van starts fine now without the fuse blowing. The fuse in question monitors HEGOS among other things.

I'm going to replace my 02 sensors as well, but I need to know what the hell the thing above my spare tire is.

Has anyone seen this or dealt with fuse 23 blowing constantly? I don't believe it's a short in the wire themselves, because the van starts fine now.

Rectangle Font Pattern Art Event

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah I also got a code for P0446.

And to reiterate the van does start as of right now.

Could the rusty piece that I don't know what is cause a short and blow the fuse?

I inspected the 02 sensors and didn't find anything visually wrong with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That piece was an EVAP valve solenoid. It was corroded very much (obviously from the picture) I swapped it out with a new one. That cleared my engine light and the vehicle ran fine around town.

Time will tell if that was the problem.

I couldn't find any damage to my 02 sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little update.

Fuse blew again so I followed every single wire group from the engine fuse box with extreme prejudice. I managed to find a wiring harness clip that was knocked off somehow and resting in the engine. I beat it with a stick (don't do this) to see if it would make my van shut off again, and it did. I removed my air filter to get a better look and sure enough there was an exposed wire.

I had taken about a 120 mile total trip in the van two weekends ago, which would absolutely cause a wire casing to melt. I don't drive the van more than 20 miles a day which is why this has never been an issue. (I think)

The wiring harness was put back in it's proper place and I've been driving around for the last hour and there appears to be no issues.

So I think it might be solved. I will come back with any updates to hopefully help someone else out with this issue.

(Fuse 23 in e350s seems to be a weird issue from what I've seen online)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts