Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#30 fuse on '04 taurus blows when key turned off or when replaced with the key off? Any ideas? Also message center keeps saying check brake system but nothing looks or feela wrongm please help

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
First, actual codes can help.

Second, is this Fuse #30 or a 30A fuse? Stupid question, I know, but the fuses are listed as F1.XX or F2.XX and the only fuse that is listed as 30 is F2.30. Digging a little deeper with your symptoms, you say that it blows when the key is turned off, looking at what's powered, you have the interior lamps relay, battery saver relay, luggage compartment lamp, exterior rear view mirror switch, pulse stretcher module, and the power antennae module. My guess it's the battery saver, pull the relay for it, it's located in the smart junction box. If the fuse still fails, pull the remaining relays for the components I listed, and reinstall them until one of them blows the fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
CatSkinner
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing