Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

For those of you who where at the last meeting, you will already know that I have taken over as Events Co-Ordinator until the AGM in march.

For those of you who missed the meeting... you know now.

We have a few events planned for next year, some are already listed on the club website in the diary section.

What I want to know - is what you guys want to do, for a cruise.

Rob and Nipper mentioned something about a BBQ in the hunter valley.

I have also had some people say they want to go on another southern beaches cruise.

If anyone has some ideas, or knows of some interesting places to cruise to post them up here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Kelli, how about down thru Kangaroo Valley?? I havent driven thru there in a while, so I dont know if it is a good cruise or not. Just a suggestion though!!

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
i'd like to get out of sydney a bit.
preferably out west, beyond the blue mountains. and i'm talking about all day cruises! 10am till 10pm or whatever...

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
how bout a trip WAY out west... say Tamworth way. Could make a weekend out of it... 3hrs each way.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Some good roads to Oberon and jenolin [sp?] cave's ?? ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
AU_guy said:
Kelli, how about down thru Kangaroo Valley?? I havent driven thru there in a while, so I dont know if it is a good cruise or not. Just a suggestion though!!

I have not joined the club yet but have just downloaded the form and will be sending it through very shortly.

I have been through Kangaroo Valley a few times about a year ago and its a great place for a cruise.

I hope you dont mind my suggestions even though Im not in the club yet.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

A few very good suggestions...

I guess I have got some planning ahead of me.

If anyone knows the Kangaroo valley or Jenolin caves area at all, and wants to help out... let me know!

·
sideways instructor
408 Posts
What about a car rally where you have to find stuff and information until you get to the destination. Have prizes for winners and stuff like that.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Kelli,

Just slightly off the topic. I went to one of the club meets at Parramatta late last year just to observe, and am keen to join the next cruise with you guys. The only problem is I don't drive a Falcon or any Ford for that matter. I drive a 98 Nissan Pulsar SSS. I have spoken to Nick about that and he said it would be fine, what do you think?

Let me know because I'm keen to go on a cruise!!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xrfalcon said:
What about a car rally where you have to find stuff and information until you get to the destination. Have prizes for winners and stuff like that.

Hmm... an observation rally... good idea

RAT - you have a PM

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
xrfalcon said:
Exactly what I have been trying to do. A drive were you have to
write down signs on road that we put there and follow a MAP [Lol]
with hints on which way to go.Could be two or three ways to go but only one right one.. Then drive it keeping sort of under speed limit. Then the closest to that time wins.. With say 5 points for every min, taken off for being too quick. One for being too slow or something like that.. But has to be simple.. Thinking north west area???? Dural & north west ???

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah - sounds good

Anyone got any good idea's on where abouts to do this, or has anyone done one of these before?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
ebxr8240 said:

Then drive it keeping sort of under speed limit. Then the closest to that time wins.. With say 5 points for every min, taken off for being too quick.
well that rules me out as a potential winner! haha

i'm up for it, but i'll get lost to be brutally honest!
maybe we should just make the first person to get there the winner. that way it would be contest between michael (eb on nos) and mark! hehe

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
XR8chic said:
Yeah - sounds good

Anyone got any good idea's on where abouts to do this, or has anyone done one of these before?
I don't know where to do it in NSW Kell but I have been on plenty of these before and have made up 3 that I use at the Discovery Centre for car clubs that visit. I can help you out with the planning of the questions if you like, drop me an email to [email protected] or ring me 03 5227 8709.

Felicity :cool:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Rally is not quite the right name ??? No speed involved cough, coff!! We are sensible now aren't we ????
Car trial.... Thats it ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts