Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i'm down to cruising anywhere, but we should make the trips a variety by meaning since we've gone out west, next should be up north or south.
but for suggestions a trip to wakefield raceway would be good.
Wouldn't mind a drive up north.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
How about a run up Putty Rd from Penrith/Windsor to Singleton, a BBQ, then a return run down the Old Pacific Hwy?

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
How about a weekend run down to Wakefield Park at Goulburn?

Real early Saturday start from Sydney, a day of fanging around the circuit, rent out a pub or motel, (licensed of course), so we can all retell of our exploits on the track, get up late Sunday morning, and then "cruise" in convoy back up the Hume. I would happily put up a few trophies, maybe for quickest 6cyl auto, 6cyl manual, 8 cyl auto, 8 cyl manual, best spin (Jeff?) etc.

Feedback dudes,

Salada

Jimbaddy

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Another idea.....

although I think that this notion would be foreign to the basic ideals of most of the members of this club, (except for us old farts), and that is an economy run!

One of the most visited topics on this forum in recent times is the subject of fuel economy. OK well how about a chance for everyone to prove how good (or bad) your car's fuel economy is.

The general idea is that everyone fills up their car at the same servo, from the same pump, (preferably), and then is given a set of instructions, to follow a certain route, to a set destination, with the odd question to answer along the way, ( to make sure no-one short cuts the course to save fuel). At the end of the designated route, the cars fill up again at a servo, the fuel consumed is noted down, and we all have a barbie, (sorry, Bar-B-Q), while some poor sap tallies the results, and then trophies are awarded for various categories. I once had the dubious distinction of being the only car to have to refill it's tank in the middle of and economy run! I had a bridgeported RX3 Mazda, (this was a long time ago) and took great delight in leaving last of all, and then blasting past all of the other competitors and backing off to produce huge sheets of flame out the exhaust
Good fun, but expensive on an appretice's wage.

The hardest thing to do, for most of the younger members, (Matt XR8?) is to keep the foot out of the loud pedal for the entire journey. A good challenge!!!!

Salada

Jimbaddy

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
hey Jimmy,

that sounds like a excellent idea for both. And while where down at Golbourn why not shoot across to the snowy mountains. I've heard that there are some great winding roads near Khankoven (or how ever its spelt).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts