Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the Wheels article on the future of the Falcon over the next couple of years I was wondering about a FWD/AWD Falcon.
Lets say the lower spec model Falcons like Forte, Futura and Fairmont are FWD and V6 powered. But the upper spec Falcons like Ghia and XRs are AWD V8 and maybe a Turbo V6. Wagons would be morphed into a 4x4 Crossover vehicle and come in both V6 and V8, Utes will be based on the Wagon with a Twin Cab and Single cab version available and of course in AWD only.

Kinda like what the Audi A4 range is like.

Would this vehicle still be a Falcon? Would people still buy it?

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I have a mate that is a test driver at Holden and he said that Holden are working on a AWD SS Commodore .

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
AWD I could handle for performance models but no way could I handle FWD for a Falcon. Just wouldn't be the same IMO..

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
AWD XR8 5.4 litre quad cam, I could live with that :cool:

Not keen a FWD falcon though. :(

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I think there's no way a FWD Falcon would EVER be released, or even considered. Ford (and for that matter, the General) know that the market likes large, grunty RWD sedans, and there will always be a core of buyers who will only want this configuration. If you wanted a FWD, then Toymotor or MrSh!tti can fulfill this strange desire. Toooooooo many compromises with FWD, I can't see it happening ever.

AWD could be fun though :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
I better get me a copy of this mag:(
Hmm me too.. Sounds like a plan Ian.. ;) Hi-ho Hi-ho, it's off to the newsagents I go.. :D

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ner ner ne ner ner!! :D :D :D Already got it, and browsed! In short - yep, all the previously mentioned pics etc. PLUS XR8 vs SS, which XR8 wins... and a great article with lots of pics of how the 220 engines are assembled. A good read so far! It's hard to get a minute to myself here at work to read the articles.. lol :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys, had a quick browse at the latest wheels, hmmm did you guys notice that the SS times were NA, cause the sensor came off and got dragged. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah the piccies of the falcon are still artist and computer enhanced impressions, seems wheels and motor have different view on the AV shape, and engines. Wheels didn't even mention 5.4L V8, we need the cubbies FORD.

About a front driver falcon, hell no i don't want it, if i did i theres a mitsu and toyota. If falcon moves to front wheel drive V6 i'll be very very annoyed. :( :(

All wheel drive could be cool, don't mind that. But i'd rather keep the rear drive and no 4wd that have FWD and 4wd.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
el2xr8 said:
all the previously mentioned pics etc. PLUS XR8 vs SS, which XR8 wins... and a great article with lots of pics of how the 220 engines are assembled. A good read so far!
Saweet!!.. another good mag for the plane. That makes 5 so far!! Hmm to get the new ralph or not?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I really don't think Ford would do a FWD Falcon after the bagging the Taurus copped. Besides everyone knows cops and cabbies don't like FWD. BTW the next Magna might be RWD.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Why is it that when Wheels or Motor magazine have artist impressions of the new Falcons they are always fu*#ing ugly and with the Commodores they're half decent? mmmmmmm?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The Holden would have to look good because it sure as sh!t not good!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
When you read the article that refers to this, it makes you realise the magnitude of the decisions that have to be made. The sad thing is that it is unlikely that the Falcon will remain a unique Austalian designed floor pan and under pinnings past 2005

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm, am I the only one here who thinks the VY mockup looks ugly? :eek: I'd still take the Taurusized AV over the VY for looks...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I can only speak for myself but I think the front is an improvement on the current grill which looks like a snout to me:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
As I told a mate once, it don't matter what the nose looks like when you hide it behind a bullbar and driving lights! And the rest of the car under dirt and mud.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts